Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach point cloud failed

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Light_Guy
6055 Views, 8 Replies

We are currently scanning with the new Faro 330's. We are importing directly to ReCap pro and have had no issues, until we tried to import those projects to AutoCAD and Inventor. When I try to pull them in I get the following error in the command line:

All scans are not found or invalid

Did something change from the beta to the release that I need to update in order for these scans to import? I had no issues bringing in RCP files to ACAD and Inventor with the beta version.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vidanom
in reply to: Light_Guy

Hi Paul,

We’ll try to investigate and see what has changed.

Do you receive the same error message if you try to import individual .RCS file?

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 3 of 9
Light_Guy
in reply to: vidanom

No, the rcs files seem to insert OK in both programs. It is just the RCP files that will not come in.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 4 of 9
vidanom

Thank you Paul,

I’ll forward the message to the other Teams.

Until then, you can export your projects as Unified .rcs, which will contain all the points from the individual scans and the performance will be much faster when imported in the other products.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 9
ryan.frenz

The formats haven't changed.  Have you moved the project, maybe between folders or machines?  Some of the other products handle this in different ways.  If so, try opening & saving the project in ReCap Pro at the new location.  Then try attaching again.

Ryan

Message 6 of 9
Light_Guy
in reply to: ryan.frenz

The projects did get moved around some. My IT guy was able to get us the latest version of Standard and that seems to solve the problem, but not until we save the project once with it.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 7 of 9
ryan.frenz

Thanks for the response, good to know.  You're using 2014 products I assume?

Message 8 of 9
Light_Guy
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Yes, Factory Design Suite 2014 (Premium and Ultimate)

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 9 of 9

For 2016 Version also same error "Attach point cloud failed"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report