Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating ReCap Pro NLM or SLM

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
dougw
1405 Views, 25 Replies

Activating ReCap Pro NLM or SLM

I have installed and activated a Network license of Building Design Suite Ultimate 2015. All updates have been applied. ReCap works fine, but I want to activate ReCap Pro. I have a Standalone license for ReCap Pro 2015. When I select a feature that triggers the ReCap Pro activation, it immediately displays an error that no network license is available. It is my understanding that network licenses for ReCap Pro are not available and cannot be obtained.

Is the correct procedure to unistall the ReCap that came with my Ultimate Suite and reinstall it as a Standalone license using the ReCap Pro serial number?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
vidanom
in reply to: dougw

Hi Doug,

I think Pro doesn't come with any Autodesk suite, including the Ultimate packages. Only the basic ReCap version is included.

Probably that is the reason why you cannot activate the product.

Mitko

Message 3 of 26
dougw
in reply to: vidanom

Yes, that's why I purchased a license of ReCap Pro to add that functionality. Let me explain this another way. I have a network (NLM) of Building Design Suite Ultimate installed and correctly using a license from the ADLM server. What must I do to also have ReCap Pro installed on this same computer?

Buy a ReCap Pro license? Check. Done. Acquired. Serial number in hand.

Trigger the ReCap Pro activation process within ReCap? Check. Done. Complete. But it fails with an error. It cannot find a network license.

What's my next move?

Message 4 of 26
vidanom

Thanks,

The right rep will be with you shortly.

Sincerely,

Mitko

Message 5 of 26
DarrenP

have you tried installing this hotfix: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/downloads/caas/downloads/content/hotfix-4-for-autodesk-r...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 26
dougw
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the suggestion, but the hotfix appears to have no effect. I disabled the anti-virus before installing the hotfix. I receive the same error regarding network licenses. 

Message 7 of 26
DarrenP

can you post a screenshot of the error?

just plan old Recap does not require a license its a free product

in Recap go to Question Mark>I

this should come up with product version screen>click on license details

does it say standalone locked?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 26
dougw

ReCap Version is 

ReCap Version.jpg

I do not see the License Details choice on this window. When I trigger the ReCap Pro activation (Pro Unlock) I receive this error.

NLM_Error.jpg

Please keep in mind that I installed and successfully activated Building Design Suite Ultimate NLM. And I have an SLM serial number for ReCap Pro. But ReCap refuses to allow me to enter the serial number.

Just exactly how is this supposed to work? Is it as obvious are uninstalling the ReCap that installed with the Suite NLM and reinstalling it as an SLM?

Message 9 of 26
vidanom

Hi,

The right representative will contact you for full support shortly.

Thank you

MItko

Message 10 of 26
DarrenP

i would like to know to

this doesn't make any sense

i am not understanding why it would be looking for license since it is not offered as a network license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 26
acmorris

Greetings,

The original suggestion to uninstall ReCap, re-install using stand alone and using the ReCap Pro 2015 activation code is the correct course of action. Please let us know if you encounter in additional problems with that process.

Best,

Aaron

Message 12 of 26
colinhubick

I can't seem to get any kind of response from anybody and my last post asking for assistance seems to have been deleted.

I bought a license of recap pro, $450.00, and installed the license, but recap has not been unlocked, and still the standard version of recap???

Message 13 of 26
Antonio_Licon
in reply to: colinhubick

Hi Colin-

Did you try Aaron's suggestion of uninstall/reinstall? Be sure to install the latest version: http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial 

If you are still having problems, additional help on Activation and Registration can be found here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support-topics/483/486

If by Monday you are still having issues, let me know and I will follow up on this.

Thanks,

Tony

Antonio Licon
Product Manager, Autodesk 360 Customer Success
Message 14 of 26
colinhubick
in reply to: Antonio_Licon

Hi Tony, thanks for having a look at this. I have done an uninstall of ReCap using the Autodesk Unninstal Tool. The version that I downloaded is called "Autodesk_ReCap_140132_Multilingual_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx" Please confirm that this is the correct installer. I will send you some screen grabs of the instal.

Kind Regards

Colin

Message 15 of 26
Antonio_Licon

That is indeed the correct version.

After install are you still unable to access Pro?

Antonio Licon
Message 16 of 26
colinhubick

I have tried to install a fresh copy of ReCap on a second computer, and still do not get the Pro Features.  When I look at the licence data, it shows it as a Recap licence, not a ReCap Pro Licenece. Please advise as soon as possible.

Colin

Message 17 of 26
colinhubick

Please someone from Autodesk help me deal with this issue. I have followed every single option available to make this work, but nothing is working.

Message 18 of 26
Antonio_Licon

Hi Colin-

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues.  I have reported your case to a representative who is better equipped to support you with Activation.

I will PM you when I hear back.

Thanks,

Tony

Antonio Licon
Message 19 of 26
colinhubick

Why do I feel as if Autodesk is just wasting my time and money?

Message 20 of 26

Hi Colin - I'm sorry that you seem to be running into issues with activating ReCap.  I just left a voice message for you on what I believe is your phone number and included my direct contact number for call back.  Please call me at your convenience so we can dioscuss/troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Kareem

Kareem Francis
Sr. Support Analyst
Global Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report