Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Mouse

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
brianpgreen
4669 Views, 40 Replies

3d Mouse

Has anyone been successful getting a 3d Connexion mouse working with Recap?  I really like using it in Scene.  I also posted the same question on the 3d Connexion forum.  The moderator there suggested I ask autodesk to support it.  Anybody from the recap team here?  🙂

Brian

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
richiee
in reply to: brianpgreen

We don't support it at this time. However, based on customer feedback, we may consider adding support for a future release.
Message 3 of 41
brianpgreen

That would be awesome!

Message 4 of 41
f.scott.reed
in reply to: richiee

Another user that would appreciate the support of 3D Mouse. Specifically the 3dConnexion. Thanks.
Message 5 of 41
paul

Any news on this for 2015?

Message 6 of 41
cklempner

I would like to see support for 3Dconnexion devices.

Message 7 of 41
lyubo11
in reply to: cklempner

I too. I think that 3d navigation is must for point cloud. Autocad support it but Recap left behind. 

Message 8 of 41
mbrown83709

Yes,  integration of 3dmice into Recap is a MUST!  Add my vote to the list.

Autodesk Factory Design Premium 2012
HP Z 400 XEON Quad Core 3.06 ghz
14 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 2000
Twin 22's widescreen
Message 9 of 41
cheliotes

Bump. Any progress?

Message 10 of 41
PhilipRithm

I agree that this would be a very useful feature. 

Message 11 of 41
WillMorganmhs

Please do this ASAP! It seems like a big oversight. This is how a lot of us navigate. You can't expect everyone to use this on a touch screen. Even if I did have a touch screen, I would still be tempted to use a 3d mouse.

Message 12 of 41

Another user that would appreciate the support of 3dConnexion Space Navigator. I discovered it also works in Autodesk Memento beta and InfraWorks.

Morgan Smith
Implementation Consultant

Message 13 of 41
bmcgrory
in reply to: morgan.smith

Another vote for support of 3Dconnexion spacemouse in Recap.

Recap is the only piece of software I used which doesn't support the mouse!

Thanks

Message 14 of 41
Andy_Leek

Speaking for my deptartment, here are 6 more votes for support of 3Dconnexion spacemouse in Recap.

Message 15 of 41
royfm

2016 BUMP!

Message 16 of 41
MasonAD

I currently use the 3D mouse for Memento, Infraworks, 3dsMAX, and I would love to be able to use it for ReCap.  It's interesting that the reply for potentially adding support was from 2014 and we still don't have it working for ReCap.  Very short-sighted to not inlcude support for the 3d Conncexion mouse across platforms that seem dependanty upon each other (i.e. Momento, Infraworks, and Recap).  Until I have support for the 3d Mouse in Recap I can not roll it out to the rest of my group as standard hardware.

Message 17 of 41
ivan.cigrovski
in reply to: MasonAD

Come on Autodesk. I can use my 3d mouse even in Google Chrome and Autodesk still need to consider if this is useful? Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 41
vidanom
in reply to: ivan.cigrovski

It is definitely useful 🙂

We have heard all of the requests and I've been told from the development team that it is on the list for development!

Hopefully soon, but cannot guarantee

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for all the input,

Mitko

Message 19 of 41
ScottBoggess

+1 vote from a religious 3d connexion user!

Message 20 of 41
jmcbride

I stopped holding my breath even getting AutoCAD working correctly with a 3DC product..... 3 years later I'm blue in the face, but I have an awesome paperweight with pretty blue LED's on it.... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report