Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to unity

export to unity

is it possible that Recap could export to unity, I think it is time to use recap with VR

7 Comments
JvanReij
Advocate

You have my vote, would be awesome to use point clouds in unity. This will change the way people work at a lot different branches. 

Sadly enough I don't think it is going to be possible (at least anytime soon), at this moment we have to do it with converting the point cloud to mesh and then open in Unity.

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dave.tyner
Alumni

We can do this with Stingray today. We're working to clean up the implementation a little bit and provide documentation around workflow. Then we'll release the plugin. Coming very soon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviW3ixaqHw

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Nicholas.symonds
Explorer

I have been looking online for the best solutions to potentially use pointcloud in unity and am glad I found this thread with the accepted status! Is there a way to keep tabs on the progress of this feature as it develops? 

SanderW95
Explorer

I have a pointcloud in Recap and want to use it in Unity for VR, so what is the status of the export to Unity function in Recap? And if it is not yet finished, is there a work around to import the pointcloud in Unity? 

theo3649R
Community Visitor

It has been a few years since the last comment and I was wondering if there were any updates on this regard. Currently, exporting pointCloud data to meshes seems to be the best solution, but it would be really cool if there was an upgrade.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report