Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap 360

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
527 Views, 5 Replies

Recap 360

I'm new to the use of scanners, basically I used the lastest topcon scanner and scanned each room individually, I converted all the rooms to .e57 files. I can loads all the jobs individually in recap but cannot merge them together. There no option at the start for register, just index. If anyone wud have the time to guide me step by step on getting all my rooms to merge in recap it wud much appreciated. I'm a surveyor so all my scans are in the same grid.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michael.riley
in reply to: Anonymous

The simple workflow of auto-registration is covered here.  Note that this requires a subscription to ReCap 360 Pro (or an active 30-day free trial).

As to your specific data set, scans in the E57 format may or may not have the data required for registration. Those without are "unstructured", where those that are are "structured" scans. Structured data comes from FLS, ZFS, PTG, PTX, and some E57 files.  If you can convert the original data to PTX instead of E57, it will likely work.  Let me know if that's an option.

When you say that your scans are all on the same grid, what do you mean?  Did you set up targets in the scanned area for which you have survey coordinates? If so, you can use those after registration to re-align the project to your coordinate system.  I can walk you through that.  It requires going back to the registration workflow, selection the target tool, and then adding survey data to at least three such targets (or other, manual control points).

Thanks,

Michael

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Michael that was helpful, I ended up doing something else. I've another query. How can I extract a 2d drawing into autocad, from a point cloud section in civil 3D. What steps do I take. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 6
michael.riley

Glad it helped!

Sadly, I can't help you with Civil 3D.  You might find more help on their forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/bd-p/66

-Michael

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: michael.riley

What do you think is the best option to even go from recap 360. There's a
old stone wall we scanned and they want detailed 2d drawings. I have the
point cloud in recap, and civil. I just need a way of making all the point
2d so I can draw over them. Thanks
Message 6 of 6
michael.riley

If the scans are level, then you can use the Top view with the Orthographic camera mode as a starting point for distance measurements.  If it is aligned to the grid, the orthographic distance measurement tool can help as well.  However, freehand measurements still give the X, Y, and Y components when hovered.

top view.png

top view.png

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report