Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save As Crashy Crashy

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
501 Views, 8 Replies

Save As Crashy Crashy

Okay, I just completed an hours worth of cleanup, was 99% finished, did a Save As and the program disappeared instantly and the Autodesk Bug Report dialog popped up.  This has happened a dozen times in the last year.  Sometimes when I do an export and choose RCS...at some point while navigating the menu to do that, the program is gone and the Oops Dialog pops up.

It's useless for me to give you my project (and it's sensitive, so you can't have it).  When I redo my work it will Save As just fine the next time.  So it doesn't repeat.  You have a buggy program that hoses me 10% of the time. 

First, I hope you can indentify the issue and fix it.  2nd, it would be nice if you buffered and stored info (like AutoCAD), so if it crashes, I can recover something.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In thinking about it a little more, the occurrences are exactly....

1. When I left click on the "Save As" project icon.

2. When I access the dropdown when exporting a unified file and select "rcs" instead of the default "rcp".

So the program disappears quicker than a magician's flash paper when I try to alter the default project name or export file type.  If there is a bug to probe, it's related to those events.

Like I said, this has happened randomly for over a year....different versions, and I'm current.  So the problem has been around for awhile. 

Message 3 of 9
scott.a.green

@Anonymous 

Do you know what version of Recap you are using? (year/build). 

Could you provide us with the CER# (the number code for the crash/bug report). 

Do any other error messages/warnings appear? Any "failed assertion" messages? 

You may want to first try updating. 

ReCap 360 Pro Updates

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: scott.a.green

I meant to post this a few days ago:  error report CER_137008369

Regardless if there is another update, it's been an issue for well over a tear.  I'd say it happens 5% of the time.

I've had ten versions installed over that time, so it has to be code that's moved up the chain.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Looking the above over, I wanted to make clear that neither the Project Save As or the RCS export start and then the program crashes.  Clicking the Save As Icon (under Save) or clicking the RCS option from the dropdown (changing from RCP in a unified point export), makes the program disappear.

Nothing ever starts.  Just clicking those options terminates the program.

Message 6 of 9
scott.a.green

@Anonymous

From what I could find out about this behavior for you from the crash report and your description of the behavior, it looks like development is aware of the behavior. It was reported in this post earlier last month:

Recap 360 Exporting to RCS Crash

It appears that either an update went out or one is in the works to resolve the behavior but from what you wrote it looks like you are on the latest update so I am thinking that maybe the update was postponed since this update was released in June and it was the very last update to come out that I can find. I'll check in with development and get some more information about this for you. 

In the meantime:

• Try updating the video driver.
  • Clear out the %TEMP% folder contents.
  • If using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 you can try repair/reinstall of .NET 
  • and do a repair of the ReCap installation. 

If that doesn't help, we may need to wait until the update is released. I'll reply with more information soon. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 7 of 9
scott.a.green

@Anonymous 

Speaking with the ReCap team I can confirm that the next update, 3.1, should resolve this behavior. The update should be released soon. If you still experience the crashing behavior after updating to 3.1 please let us know and we can investigate further. 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 8 of 9

@Anonymous

Actually, it appears that the update was released today! 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: scott.a.green

Good to know.  Thanks.

I didn't try the stuff yet.  First of all, I'm busy getting other things done.  Secondly, it only happens about once every month or two.  I mainly use Max and AutoCAD, so when I say it crashes 5% of the time, I might go a week without using ReCap, so even if I made the changes, I wouldn't know if it was working or not until a few months goes by (and nothing happens).

I'll let you guys know if it continues. (I'm good at complaining.)

Thanks again for staying on this.

Best regards,

Buck Wyckoff

BDSI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report