Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap Autocad extract edges, planes, segmentation data Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bjorneinarsson
702 Views, 7 Replies

Recap Autocad extract edges, planes, segmentation data Problem

Hi! 

According to the document linked below I cannot import a Faro project file into Recap, but should use the "raw" files. It says the problem with snapping to planes etc might be because the scans where registered in Faro and the project file was brought in instead of the "raw -scans" 

Since I have to register in Faro Scene due to only having Recap 360 - is it ok to import the registered .fls - files? 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cannot...

Since I have worked with a Recap project for weeks , cutting noise and creating regions I have to wonder: Is there no way to recover the project? 

If the necessary data can be acquired by exporting to unified rcs with lowest grid spacing, there should be a way to get the data into the rcp ? 

Doing it all over again cleaning and making regions would be terrible, since I kept points far away to get the colors right. Overlapped cutting in all scans... =(  

I would appreciate any help on the issue.

Kind Regards

/Björn

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.frenz
in reply to: bjorneinarsson

This document appears to be outdated.  As long as you stay updated w/ ReCap you should be able to use all AutoCAD features with Faro project file imports.  If you've used an old version, the linked document may apply.

Latest version is 3.0.2.12.

Ryan

Message 3 of 8

Well, I started the import on old versions.. worked my way up to the latest. Would the new version fix the old file? It seems not as I have resaved the project and reattached it in autocad with same result. No way to get any centerline which is easy on same objects when in small project where fls where imported instead of .lsproj 😞
Message 4 of 8

I import registered FLS files al the time. We do not own a scanner but a 3rd party does the scanning for us and delevers the registerd cloud. With the newest version of Recap you can import the newest versions of FLS files. If you have the Pro, just skip registration upon importing the registerd files and you end up with a Recap project on the right coordinates.
As for your already existing project, I have two omments.
1) The Reacap file format has not changed until now, so all new installations (including a 30-day trial on another machine) should be able to exchange the projects
2) There is a way to change the origin in a Recap Proejct (see other posts) perhaps that would make you able to place the project with all the edits on the right coordinates.
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your answer. 

Changing the origin is no problem. The issue is that when I attach the Recap project to Autocad I cannot extract centerlines or edges or much anything. When I extract a unified RCS - small - of that same area, I get tons of detectable surfaces. Its with gridsize taken down to 1 - But "changing gridsize" for the whole project would be nice. I hoped to get around it by exporting the whole project as unified with small gridsize, but the bug with crash hindered me. Now I got the 3.1.1.17 and maybe the export works. 

I got a fine project in Recap with 45 scans - cleaned and regionalized. To get segmentation data included in should be doable... =( ?? 

( I might add that I import the .lsproj- file to get the .fls- files. But that should not make any difference, right? ) 

/Björn

Message 6 of 8
yan.fu
in reply to: bjorneinarsson

Hi @bjorneinarsson,

There is a legacy issue of losing segment information in unified rcs / .rcp.

This issue and unified export crash issue have been fixed in latest ReCap 3.1.2.1.

Please upgrade and have a try.

Thanks,

Yan

Message 7 of 8

Now I understood your intention- 🙂 Use the edits with new files... Maybe 🙂 phew...
Message 8 of 8

Ok I will get latest available. Exported unified .rcs today - crash , maybe old displaydrivers? Exported unified .rcp - worked.. Here I got segmentation- data, and can extract edges etc. The problem is the full .rcp , where very few "objects" are detected.

Will try to dL latest - save as - hope recap suggests cleanup or optimization- and hope this fixes it 🙂

Thx ppl for trying to help! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report