Did you mean: 

convert drafix .cad

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
r.piras
4506 Views, 33 Replies

convert drafix .cad

hi all
i got a really big problem that needs a solution.
in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format.

is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf?
would be very kind if there is a workaround for this

regards
renato // cologne
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
Jacob Mulcuck
in reply to: r.piras

I have Drafix 4.20 on four floppies, but I cannot get it to run in Windows. I even tried a DOS emulator. How are you running v4.1?

I could send you a *.zip file of the floppies.
Message 22 of 34
J.Cannon

Do you still need it, I have it.
J. Cannon
jpc8904@yahoo.com
Message 23 of 34
fher77

HI, iam to need this software, but the version of the product is Drafix CAD PROFESSIONAL or only cad. Pleasy reply so it´s important.

Thanks
Message 24 of 34
megan456

fher,

Did you ever get your answer? I was curious about the same thing.

Edited by: megan456 on Jun 25, 2009 2:01 PM
Message 25 of 34
gabrisha

Hi!

Still have that drafix software, I wonder if you can help me , i need to open a couple of .CAD files, but nobody knows in wich software were created..
hope you can help me out...

Regards! Edited by: gabrisha on Jul 14, 2009 1:24 PM
Message 26 of 34
johannesdevries

Hallo

ik heb ook dwg's die gemaakt zijn in Drafix hoe kan ik deze nu omzetten naar autocad 2004? Edited by: john-007 on Aug 10, 2009 7:44 PM
Message 27 of 34
b13dennis

Okay, here's my problem. I have files that were created in Drafix vr2.1. I can copy from drafix .cad to AutoCAD R14 .dwg with limitations. As long as I am only dealing with information on a single layer, it works great. I can even edit the file. So you ask, "what's the problem then"?
My problem is with files that have multiple layers. When I perform the this operation, all the data ends up on one layer.
I seem to remember from years ago, there was something involving coping the PT Marks.SHX file from within AutoCAD and dropping it in Drafix directory. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to remember just how to do it.
Does this spark up anyone as to how I can convert these files and maintain the layer?

Dennis

The attached file is the result of the copy/paste method I ended up for the first file. For what it's worth. HELP!
Message 28 of 34
amandus88

Hello Johannes,

Heb jij voor dit probleem een oplossing gevonden?
ik heb namelijk een gelijknamig

Groeten

Pierre
Message 29 of 34
amandus88

Hello Johannes,

Heb jij voor dit probleem een oplossing gevonden?
ik heb namelijk een gelijknamig

Groeten

Pierre
Message 30 of 34
GUNTAKEIN

DO YOU HAVE DRAFIX CAD WİNDOWS PROGRAMS

CAN YOU SEND A ZIP OR RAR COPY TO MY E_MAIL

THANKS

guntekin_koyas@hotmail.com
Message 31 of 34
amandus88

Hello,

If you are talking about copy from drafix tot autocad R14. Do you meen that you can stil work whit drafix 2.1, open the file and copy it in to autocad?
My problem is that I have a vista or windows sytem and I can't instaal the sooftware;

Regards
Message 32 of 34
GUNTAKEIN

Dear Mark,

As I seen " http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=333785&tstart=0 " you want to share quickCad progam.

I have same DRAFIX cad file I can not open.

If you send me mentioned program as RAR or ZIP copy to me , I will be glad to you.

guntekin_koyas@hotmail.com
Message 33 of 34
thnker
in reply to: GUNTAKEIN

I am looking for a copy of Drafix Professional CAD v3.02.  If anyone has one, please let me know - I'm sure we can work something out.

Message 34 of 34
1Sticky1

I also have hundreds of old drafix quickcad 3.02 (9/22/95) files.  I have been playing with Turbocad designer 2d.  So far the files I have tried to convert work in six different formats.

The drafix will work with windows xp and lower without any problems.  I just upgraded most of my computers to windows 7 able to run XP mode.  I know some of you have had some luck using the program however, what about when its time to upgrade windows again.....  Drafix will be a dead program!

Now for the question.....

What newer program(s) can be used to convert the old files??  Programs that will work on windows 7,8,9,10+

I have, but not tried; autocad lt 2000, 2002, autocad 14, autodesk aec pro suite....

DAMMMMMM, quickcad was/is soooooo easy to use!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report