Did you mean: 

convert drafix .cad

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
r.piras
4524 Views, 33 Replies

convert drafix .cad

hi all
i got a really big problem that needs a solution.
in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format.

is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf?
would be very kind if there is a workaround for this

regards
renato // cologne
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
fozzie99
in reply to: r.piras

How large is the file?? I still have a copy of that old program and If it is something you can send to me I may be able to do the conversion to either .dxf windows meta-file or AutoCAD.. But beware there are some inherent problems in doing conversions out of the .CAD format depending on what you drew and how you drew it....
Message 3 of 34
daveg

I noticed you mentioned you had a old copy of Drafix. I'm looking to open a bunch of old files (saved in Drafix proprietary .DXG format) using Drafix 1.0 (maybe 2.0). Would you be willing to share a copy of your old program so I can recover some data. I could destroy it after.

Thanks for whatever help you may provide.
daveg@intermec.com
Message 4 of 34
JIGGS1937

I HAVE SEVERAL VERSIONS OF THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF DRAFIX , ALSO WINDOWS VERSION FOR WINDOWS 3.11. IF YOU HAVE NOT CONVERTED YOUR FILE YET MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.

I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE A WINDOWS DISK OF DRAFIX FOR 95 WINDOWS. IF YOU HAVE ONE OR KNOW OF ONE LET ME HEAR.
Message 5 of 34
t.bura

I noticed on a posting that you had several older versions on Drafix. Might you be willing to part with any of them. I also have several versions going back to 3.0 for windows 3.1, but they don't run on newer machines. I have a group of drawings that were created in Cadultra and saved in .dwg format. Whenever you open them in the new verson(Quickcad) a bunch of the attributes, including the font on dimensions, changes. The only way I've been able to get around it is to open the drawing, manually change everything that needs changing, then save it in a new format, .cad. Problem is, I have, ';m guessing here, 1000 drawings.
Message 6 of 34
t.bura

DO you still have any old copies of Drafix? Might you be willing to part with any?
Message 7 of 34
mlloyd

I am looking for a Drafix CAD 2.1 to convert some very old files. Any chance of getting a copy or do you know where I might get a copy? ML
Message 8 of 34
mlloyd

I am looking for drafix cad 2.1 to open some old files. Any chance you might have a copy of know where I might locate a copy?
Message 9 of 34
swtwomyn

i have some .CAD files on a CD from a customer, do you have a program that opens them? I just need to open and print them. I can't find a viewer or program to view and print. Can you help? I tried to attach an example but it says content type not allowed. Thanks for any help! Tracy
Message 10 of 34
Anonymous

Zip up the file and send it to the group that way.
You're accessing the newsgroup from the net side,
not NNTP.

You can try adding the newsgroup to your
mailer/newsgroup reader, (like Thunderbird, OE,
others) and see if you can upload the file that way.

H

> i have some .CAD files on a CD from a customer, do you have a program that opens them? I just need to open and print them. I can't find a viewer or program to view and print. Can you help? I tried to attach an example but it says content type not allowed. Thanks for any help! Tracy
Message 11 of 34
jimschlosser

HELP How did you make out , i have the same problem
Message 12 of 34
swtwomyn

I didn't get it solved. I ended up asking my customer to send in dxf files. Sorry I couldn't help. Tracy
Message 13 of 34
diehardcad

Many years ago (early to mid 90's) I created hundreds of drawings using Drafix. It wasn't until a month ago that I needed to get access to most of these drawings, not so much for editing, but just to print them and have them as a reference. They are all saved as "*.CAD" and I haven't found anything out there that can recognize this format.
Is there any chance I can get a copy of the latest version that you have?
I will be just as happy to pay for it.
I don't have Windows 3.1 anymore but I could try to setup an old PC with Windows 95 I guess. This might work.
Please advise. Thank you.
JD.
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous

Do a search on eBay...you can purchase AutoSketch 9 for under
US$30.00.....that will open your files.

Ric Norris.

wrote in message news:5557554@discussion.autodesk.com...
Many years ago (early to mid 90's) I created hundreds of drawings using
Drafix. It wasn't until a month ago that I needed to get access to most of
these drawings, not so much for editing, but just to print them and have
them as a reference. They are all saved as "*.CAD" and I haven't found
anything out there that can recognize this format.
Is there any chance I can get a copy of the latest version that you have?
I will be just as happy to pay for it.
I don't have Windows 3.1 anymore but I could try to setup an old PC with
Windows 95 I guess. This might work.
Please advise. Thank you.
JD.
Message 15 of 34
masrenee

I have QuickCad 3.02 (original disk). I'd be glad to share a copy of this with you if you are interested. Let me know...
mark31665@earthlink.net

I have problem as well that I need help with. I obtained this disk from a friend that no longer uses the program (or ever did use it much for that matter...she uses autoCad). Anyway, this disk also has Planix Home Architect on it but it requires that you purchase a "key" from the company. Since SoftDesk is out of business, purchasing a key is not an option for me.

Does anyone know how I could obtain a key for this program. I am curious what the program is and if it would be useful to me. Thanks in advance for any help.
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous

Do a Google search...there are keys available if you look properly. Keep in
mind, the software is 12+ years old.

Also have a look in eBay....3D Home Architect....US$12.99

Ric Norris.

wrote in message news:5584563@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have QuickCad 3.02 (original disk). I'd be glad to share a copy of this
with you if you are interested. Let me know...
mark31665@earthlink.net

I have problem as well that I need help with. I obtained this disk from a
friend that no longer uses the program (or ever did use it much for that
matter...she uses autoCad). Anyway, this disk also has Planix Home
Architect on it but it requires that you purchase a "key" from the company.
Since SoftDesk is out of business, purchasing a key is not an option for me.

Does anyone know how I could obtain a key for this program. I am curious
what the program is and if it would be useful to me. Thanks in advance for
any help.
Message 17 of 34
jmdaia

Drafix Windows CAD (Windows 3.1) may be found in some retail discount outlets. Try what ever outlets are available near you. Windows 3.1 software may operate on Windows XP Pro - my Quick CAD (Drafix Windows CAD) does but I do not keep it installed - I install it when needed. I have not found that you need a key even though it asks for one.

At one point I was able to run Drafix CAD Ultra (DOS) on Windows NT - but not since Windows NT.
Message 18 of 34
mnolting

Are you still in need of Draffix Cad?

I still have the origonal 3 (Count em , 3) floppy disks and the manual and the registration card

Mike
Message 19 of 34
Iangra

Hi I still use version 3.02 but lent the original disc and it was never returned. Its a great program. I have later version but 3.02 is better in my opinion. Any chance of a copy - I can pay or send disc and stamped envelope. I am In Sydney Australia
Regards Ian Grainger
Message 20 of 34
dburn

I have Drafix Cad 4.1, but I can not find my cds. It is registered and licensed in my name. I would really like a replacement, or copy cd so that I can use my old work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report