Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planswift versus QTO

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Troeman
3720 Views, 3 Replies

Planswift versus QTO

Hi everyone, I am using Planswift for about three years and have to stepover to QTO. can someone tell me is QTO much better than Planswift ? My first look in it tell me YES but it looks like more difficult to understand or costumise with? What is the easiest way for learning it?

Many thanks,

Saxxon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
derek0420
in reply to: Troeman

Saxxon,

It's hard to say which one is 'better', it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  PlanSwift is, IMO, more flexible as a takeoff and estimating program out of the box, it's also VERY customizable and is very simple to use and understand.  QTO has some neat features if you are taking off from 3D.  Both integrate with Timberlines estimating package but PlanSwift is dynamic where, from the last time I used the QTO integration, you needed to configure the Sage assemblies ahead of time which became a bit of a hassle since assemblies change so often, again it depends on your field.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly and maybe I can be more helpful in a response.  Are you looking to design or just do takeoffs, or both?  Are you doing estimating as well?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
RBF
Explorer
in reply to: derek0420

Derek, In your opinion what would work best for the following...

Are you looking to design or just do takeoffs, or both?  Are you doing estimating as well?

My bulk needs are estimating, take-offs and massive change-orders by RFI/site instructions.

Message 4 of 4
Troeman
in reply to: derek0420

Derek

Just like RBF  My needs are ESTIMATING ,TAKE-OFFS  and massive CHANGE- ORDERS for the WHOLE COMPANY.

THX,

Saxon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report