Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone successfully using QTO 2013?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5004 Views, 7 Replies

Is anyone successfully using QTO 2013?

We have had some significant issues, QTO 2013 + Hotfix, seems to be very buggy. I'm wondering if we are the only users experiencing crashes and data loss.

Thanks,

Lew Heifner

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You are not alone. Many people have had a lot of issues, myself included.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I wonder if anyone from Autodesk has read this?.....

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Last Friday I had a QTO expert in our office for a troubleshoot / debug session. We were working off of local files on the c: drive.

Is it possible the file corruption is due to a network issue and the software crashing is due to software bugs? I wonder if we are chasing problems from 2 different sources and we are looking in one direction only?

If the network crashes are causing the corrupt files, the software should be smart enough to recover. When I have noticed the data corruption, there is no recovering from it. I have Windows Explorer open at the same time as I am working with QTO so I can view the file size. When I see a 50mb files suddenly save as a 100kb file, I know there is a problem and obviously a lot of data is missing. My initial intent was to watch the file size and then perform a "save as" to attempt to reinstate file integrity. QTO will allow the "save as", however, any additional files are also corrupt and 100kb.

As it stands now, I am the only person in our office using QTO and on a limited basis until we can resolve these problems. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how we can determine if the network is or is not the problem?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

We have proved the network is not the issue.  I was using QTO with local data files and experienced. the same issues.  

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hello,

is the problem of data loss solved yet?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Kinda..... they did discontinue the product and included some quantity take off feature in Navisworks which I have not had time to experiement with. Otherwise id say just stay away from QTO... crashes data loss etc. I heard VICO and Innovya have some solid products for this purpose. 

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for your quick Answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report