Everytime I try to create a report in one of my projects the program crashes. I have tried restarting the program, the computer, and even making very small reports with no luck. I just put a lot of time into this file and I can not get a report. What is going on Autodesk?
Does the crash occur when writing a report in the sample dormitory.ato project? You can find this project by clicking File > Open sample files.
Please try the following :
1. Close Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013.
2. Copy one of the following folder locations into the address bar of Windows Explorer
In this folder, you’ll find the following folder similarly named the following:
3. Open this folder and open it’s subfolder 220.127.116.11.
In this folder you’ll find the user.config file. Rename it as user.config.bak. Open QTO and the user configuration files and interface will be reinitialized. Please let me know if this resolve the crashing.
If not, please try a complete uninstall/reinstall:
1. Uninstall from Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
2. Delete the following left over folders if they remain:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Quantity Takeoff 2013
3. Reinstall the software and test creating a report.
It appears that the crashing when creating a report specifically has stopped happening after the user configuration files and interface where reinitialized. Thank you!
However in the past 2 hours of work I have had over 6 crashing from doing other tasks within the program. Specifically when re-labeling a large amount of items and other times the program crashed for no apparent reason. Please advise.