Quantity Takeoff (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant open my project after saving.Anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aspiritz
5674 Views, 6 Replies

Cant open my project after saving.Anyone help?

I cant open my project after saving it. it pops out error message that reads " cannot open project. the project file you selected is from a version of the product that is newer than the version you have installed." 

im using QTO 2013 to save and open my project but why it shows this message? anyone help me please?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lheifner
in reply to: aspiritz

Sadly, your data is lost.  look at the data files via Windows Explorer, if there are any backup files you might be able to rename one of those with the .ato extension and only loose some of your work.  If you did not have autosave turned on, you have lost everything.  We have been in contact with Autodesk and they are unable to reproduce the problem so they are unable to fix it.  I suggest that you call your dealer and Autodesk and explain the issue.  

Good Luck,

Lew Heifner

Message 4 of 7
aspiritz

Thanks guys!! everything's solved now..seems like it had got something to do with OS compatibility issues as im using win8..troubleshoot it n use XP's setting and it worked Smiley Surprised !!

Message 5 of 7
kdurham

What opperating system are you using? I found this issue when I switch my computer to Windows 8 and IE 10, once I reverted to Windows 7 the issue went away and the files were then accessable again.

Kevin Durham

Technical Account Manager

Message 6 of 7
aspiritz
in reply to: kdurham

Im using win8 so after all its the OS compatibiity issues..after changing to xp's setting everythings fine..

Message 7 of 7
berendfelix

Thank you so much. This just saved me a bit of work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report