Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk QTO 2013 Compatibility to Windows 8 Pro

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
athwal2k
5581 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk QTO 2013 Compatibility to Windows 8 Pro

Recently i upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 8. After installing QTO 2013, when i tried to open an existing file made in QTO 2013 previously, it was not opening showing the message "this file is made in a newer version of QTO than installed version on this pc. so it can't be opened." Any solution. Experts plz.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
athwal2k
in reply to: athwal2k

Any solution plz.

Message 3 of 8
sjw32

Has anyone offered solution to your problem? I have the same issue. Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
ggirgin

Click right mouse button on Autodesk QTO icon and go to "check solution compatibilty" use" I ran this program on Win 7 correctly."

Icon should be on your desktop not on the ribbon!

Take care!!!!

Message 5 of 8
simon.green

Thanks. the solution worked. 

Message 6 of 8
m.anas
in reply to: simon.green

When I open QTO in windos 8.1 give me this message" Cannot ope project. the project file you selected is from a version of the producr that newer than the version you have installed " any solution ?!
Message 7 of 8
ggirgin
in reply to: m.anas

Hi,
There may be two reasons. First, did you apply hotfix for QTO 2013 ? Please, be sure you made it. If you don't, you may always lose your data. Then, try to open your file in compatibility mode. And save this choice in Win 7.
G.Girgin
Civ.Eng. (M.Eng)
Message 8 of 8
janar08

Hello,

To this day I believe that QTO2013 is one of the best quantity takeoff applications.
I also upgraded to Windows 8.1 lately, applied hotfix for QTO and use the compatibility mode.

I am able to use QTO partially. I can import pdf-s, but it fails to import some dwg-s (for example, if I create a new project and try to import a dwg it just says creating of project failed).

When I try to open my previously done projects (with Windows 7) that contain dwg-s it gives me the "Cannot open project. The project file you selected is from a version of the product that newer than the version you have installed" error.
Closing and reopening QTO helps for some projects, but for some it doesn't, thus making the application somewhat unreliable (didn't have those issues with Windows 7).

Has anyone encountered the same issues with Windows 8.1?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report