MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation events and callbacks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
739 Views, 4 Replies

Transformation events and callbacks

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to register specific transformation events?

It is possible to add callbacks to FBSystem().Scene that register all the ‘FBSceneChangeType’ events using the ‘OnChange.Add()’ method.

This will register ‘kFBSceneChangeTransactionBegin’ and ‘kFBSceneChangeTransactionEnd’ event types if something is manipulated in the 3d perspective viewer.

There are a number of other interactions that trigger these types of event and I would like to know if a transformation has occurred and ideally which model was involved.

I noticed that there is an FBEventAnimationNodeType class but I have no idea what to add the call back to in order to register occurrences of these types of event.

Cheers for your help,

Rachlea
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_KxL_
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't see a way of doing this in python. In ORSDK you have few more callbacks. What would be ideal is FBSystem.OnConnectionStateNotify.

As for that animation node event, it's also something not exposed, in ORSDK there is FBAnimatioNode.OnChange, but I was never able to make it work how I would like to.

Cheers
Message 3 of 5
middlek

These are available in Python as of MotionBuilder 2010.
KRISTINE MIDDLEMISS | SENIOR MOTION CAPTURE ENGINEER
Message 4 of 5
vsnappy1

Has anyone gotten the FBAnimationNode.OnChange.Add() to work? I see it in the documentation, but I don't see it in the application Mobu2012 or Mobu2013.
>>> FBAnimationNode.OnChange
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<MotionBuilder>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: type object 'FBAnimationNode' has no attribute 'OnChange'

In contrast when I inspect something like FBSystem&#40;&#41;.Scene.OnChange, I see the following:
>>> FBSystem&#40;&#41;.Scene.OnChange
<callbackframework.FBEventSource object at 0x000000001122FC50>

I'm fairly new to Mobu and using Python in it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ultimately, what I'm specifically after here (if possible) is to detect when keys are modified on the Camera Switcher.
Kelly Snapka
Principal Artist
www.dsvolition.com/
Message 5 of 5
CountZr0_1

Yep. Looks like a bug in documentation. There is no OnChange attr on FBAnimationNode despite it being listed here: http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/motionbuildersdk2012/en_US/index.html
-jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report