MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting 'Base Layer'

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MatteNybbe
519 Views, 7 Replies

Selecting 'Base Layer'

Hey,

Anyone know if it is possible to select the 'Base Layer' using python? There is a function called SetCurrentLayer() that you can set your current layer with. However the Base Layer does not seem to count as a layer internally at all. So using SetCurrentLayer(0) actually sets 'Layer 1' to active rather then the base layer, which seems a bit odd to me!? Is it possible to select the 'Base Layer'?

(Using MB 2009)

/Matte
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
_KxL_
in reply to: MatteNybbe

Try with this:

FBSystem().CurrentTake.SetCurrentLayer(-1)
Message 3 of 8
MatteNybbe

Interesting. So that should do it? hmm, iam fairly certain i tried it and it completely crashed MB. Using index -1 i mean, gonna try once more though.

/Matte
Message 4 of 8
MatteNybbe

Nope, as i remember it. If i use index -1 motionbuilder crashes. 😕 Anyone else having this problem? Using mb 2009 64-bit.

/Matte
Message 5 of 8
_KxL_

Strange, tested again and it's working. Which version of MB2009 you run? Any patch?

Cheers
Message 6 of 8
MatteNybbe

No patch, using Motionbuilder 2009 64-bit 19/09/2008.

/Matte
Message 7 of 8
_KxL_

Maybe this is the case, I am on patch e (14/05/2009), 32bit.

Sorry, can't help more :(
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

This issue was resolved in MotionBuilder 2009.D patch.

The fix is also documented in the MotionBuilder 2010-Resolved issues section of the documentation:-

Setting the Base Layer for Animation Layers in Python

It is now possible to set the base layer for animation layers using Python, following changes to these methods in FBTake: SetCurrentLayer, SetLayerName, GetLayerName, GetLayerCount, RemoveLayer.

If you require patch for MotionBuilder 2009, you will need to have an active Gold subscription support contract and contact the Autodesk support team as I do not think it is publicly available.

Regards,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report