MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching a clip in Story

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
StepanK
434 Views, 2 Replies

Matching a clip in Story

Hello,

someone already asked earlier without any response - is there a way to match a clip in story to previous and next clip with transl and/or rotation with PY? Simply said, to do quite the same as Match dialog does in story window, where one can select a clip and match it to prev/next clip with full/gravity matching.

I am not sure how to tweak its parameters of Match() function of story clip, it has none. I was able to define a matching pivot, but how to set matching parameters remains unknown to me.

If matching is not fully exposed in PY, then Autodesk devs might consider this a formal plea to implement in some future release, if You'd be so kind...

Thanks so much,
Stepan

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dre4mer12345
in reply to: StepanK

I'm interested in this as well. When you have MANY characters and clips, you endlesly have to move things around and match to "hips" or whatever. It would save me HOURS in the long run, if there was a way to click a button to match to hips of whatever character I am using instead of manually matching to hips every time. 

Message 3 of 3
cyrille
in reply to: dre4mer12345

There is a FBStoryClip.Match() method in the SDK which could have helped, but unfortunately there is a defect associated with this API which prevent using it efficiently as you would not have access to all the options you got in the UI. Sorry for the bad news,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report