MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing all takes to story and arrange to go in line

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alex1560
390 Views, 1 Reply

Importing all takes to story and arrange to go in line

Hey Guys,

I am kinda new in motionbuilder python, started last night working on a script to add all takes into a story track and arrange them. I though I got it working at some point, but then I found that MB will import the animation in the story if you are on the current take, so I started iterating through each take and add it to story.

The problem now is that each take have different starting and ending points and it doesn't want to listen.. I am continuing my work, adding the clips first, then do a second iteration to arrange the clips based on the end of the previews clip.

I wanted to ask around if someone did this before.. I will share my script if I manage to finish it.

Thanks!

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alex1560
in reply to: alex1560

I've finished the script, it's shared.

Let me know if any of you will find a good use for it. I used it to plot all my C3D takes into 1 single take to export to Maya.

Feel free to improve it... It has some issues when you have a lot of takes, but I run the sorting script a few times and it runs through alright..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report