MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import or Merge Animation into a specific take

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
370 Views, 2 Replies

Import or Merge Animation into a specific take

I'm finding everytime i import an animation by my script it always goes to Take 001 no matter what take i start out on. I'm currently hacking my code to essentially import or merge as it would then copy and rename the take and repeat for all the files in a list. This method works but it's just very annoying and slow. I cant find a proper way to be able to specify the name of the take i want to import data into. Any help would rock. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there,
Let me understand this... you're merging/importing anims into a file with a multiple takes ?
i am sure you understand the pseudo behind it... so getting the list of all the takes in your target scene and then have an option to choose to which take you want to data to be merge onto.
I have never seen anyone wanting to do that though .. 🙂 ..Creating a master scene with a single take001(default) and run it through a batch of fbx , transferring the data on take001. DONE. 🙂
Can you tell me what would be the purpose of having a multiple takes in your master file ?
Thanks man ..

Melvin3d
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Melvin,

thanks for the response. I might have explained it wrong. What i'm trying to do is start with a seed file of my rig and a skeleton that i'm merging data onto. With the batch script i want to be able to pick a folder and import every fbx file in that directory onto my actor skeleton on a new take for every animation file in the import list. I've got everything working now but am just annoyed that the way i have to do it is import it to take 001(The default take) then run a copy take and rename it to match the file name the animation came from. I was hoping someone knew a way to specify a take name other than Take 001 to import to. Initially i was trying to create a new take, name it, set it as default and then import the animation but that still put the animation on take 001 not the new take i've created. If you have any ideas or a better way to do it that would be rad but yeah, at the moment it works so i'm moving on to the next task at hand. thanks again for the reply.

-jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report