Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object collision and interaction?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
792 Views, 5 Replies

object collision and interaction?

Maybe I misunderstood something from the Developer preview v2 but it lists that the characters can interact with object (like sit on chairs, walk up stairs etc), also that the avoid collision with each other (works to a certain degree) but that they ALSO avoid collision objects?

I have downloaded and installed the new updated V2 preview and I cannot see any settings, options or ways to make the characters do anything but follow a path...? which makes this very hard to test as it's way too basic for any real usage. I hope im wrong and have missed a drop down somewhere! because the movement and such looks awesome!

Cheers.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you need to re-read THIS...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

That is what I did.

"Project Geppetto technology can currently solve some of the following problems:

Object interaction: Seamless and natural real-time interaction with objects in the environment, such as sitting in chairs, or stepping up to climb stairs

Intelligent “human-like” dynamic obstacle avoidance: The perception of potential collisions and subsequent evasive actions must mimic the response times and behavior of real human beings."

Is listed in that guide...?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Yes but you failed to read this part;

The current restrictions of the “technology preview” include the following:
 Locomotion is driven from only 12 different styles of walking (6 male, 6 female).
 Movement is intended to be “fluid” and continuous with no stopping and starting pauses.
 Flow motion is currently restricted to the z=0 plane.
 Pedestrians move along path-flows that are (for now) parameterized according to specific patterns of direction and width.
 Support for stairways, escalators, elevators, and sitting in chairs is not available at this time.
 Idle motion behavior is expressed by 2-3 person group conversations, single person loitering, and single person device interaction (cell phones, texting, etc.). Idle and walking characters do not currently interact with each other or exchange members.
 Customization of the look of the characters is not currently supported.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

" Support for stairways, escalators, elevators, and sitting in chairs is not available at this time."

Aha!! fair enough! 😄

That said though... for what it does at its current public preview, it does pretty well! I just wish they would allow max 2012 to test it as well, I believe it was for 2012 earlier on? Since most don't use 2013 yet for production.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

It is RECOMMENDED that you don't use LAB projects in production...for obvious reasons.
I am using 2013 in production, and have been for months...;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report