cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1039 Views, 24 Replies

install

I click on the install for maxdesign. I get the accept for term screen and hit accept. Then I get the screen to install for Max design 2012. I click that check box and nothing happens
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
shanegriffith
in reply to: Anonymous

it probably installed, there's not a finished screen. the installer just goes away when done.
Message 3 of 25
DarrenP

open up max and see if you see a people tab in the grahpite modeling tools ribbon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous

I've also a problem with the installation.
Execute the file, accept the license and then i cant select one of the product to install. Re-install of Max Design didnt work.

my sys:
Win7 64-bit
Max Design 2012 64-bit, german language pack
Max 2009 64-bit also installed

what can i do? 🙂
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

Same Here. go thru the install and no "people" tab in the Ribbon (hate the ribbon) No listing the the "plugin Manager" too

running 3ds Max Design 2012

thanks!
Message 6 of 25
shanegriffith

here are two videos that might help confirm the install and the uninstall process.

Project Geppetto - install w/ two options
http://www.screencast.com/t/8QZlsuWjJX

Project Geppetto - uninstall w/ two options
http://www.screencast.com/t/GRPhUjVdZ
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

Thx, it works now.

Extracting the exe and manual installing the right file works. thx for this hint.
But after one solved problem comes another one 🙂 the installer put the files und directories to the wrong path (C:\Program Files\Autodesk). moving them manually to the right place and geppetto can run finally 🙂
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous

Hi i have the same problem but after installing manual nothing happend. in the Plugin Manager i can see the People.dlo file but nothing on the ribbon 😞
any ideas?

thx
Ollie

Problem solved. Dont forget to copy the UI folder too 😉
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: shanegriffith

Thanks for your response. It is installed and it is under the Graphite Modeling Tools. Again, thanks a bunch!
Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Hi
what do you mean by moving to the right place? is not autodesk the right folder for geppetto cos j come accross the problem, it is installed but not highliting on the gaphit too ribbon, thanks!
Message 11 of 25
john_s2

Mine has installed but when I open Max I then get a script box come up containing code and a string of error boxes with multiple exception warnings.

The script box seems to relate to the people tab as the code contained certainly contains elements of that.

Every new file throws up the multiple exception warning boxes and while the People tab is there, trying to use it just throws up the warnings and wont do anything. It seems to lock into a error circle.

Any attempt to use any of the tabs on the ribbon tab, not just people, throws up the same errors so the ribbon tab is now useless. The only way I can use Max is to keep clicking through the errors and then minimize the script box.

Not the happiest of bunnies so far as, not only doesn't it work, but it has also screwed up the previous functionality of my Studio Max.
Message 12 of 25
phloog

I am somewhat luckier - Geppetto is completely unusable - I can click on Create Crowd, but then even hovering ACROSS any other People buttons causes an error like you are seeing with the script box popping up.

The FIRST error window I see says that it has displayed more than the maximum error messages...then error after error that I click OKAY on until all are gone, then if I try to close the script window that pops up, I have to go through ALL the error messages again. The only way to stop it is Task Manager kill Max. As you noted, I can minimize the script window, then I have that sitting there forever doing who knows what.

I have no idea IF it's doing more damage, but it's clear that what I would like to have now is a complete UNinstaller for this....is there one? I've learned my lesson, so if someone could please talk me through completely removing this from my machine I'd appreciate it.
Message 13 of 25
john_s2
in reply to: phloog

It got worse. If I did anything with the ribbon tab anything else subsequently would throw up the script window and multiple error messages.

I resolved it by uninstalling Studio Max with Gestapo from Windows Control Panel Program Uninstall. It didn't end there though as when I next started Max it suggested the ribbon tab file structure was corrupted but, fortunately, had a reinstall default option.

Fortunately 3DS Max seems to be back as it was without Gestapo. Shame really as I have a project which it would have worked well on; but such is life. I am also a little bit nervous about investing time and effort into learning a utility that, come January, may be given a usage fee which will render it unviable for the limited use I have of it currently.
Message 14 of 25
phloog

Does anyone know how frequently this forum is viewed by AD?

I have a garbled mess and would like to either fix or uninstall Geppetto.
Message 15 of 25
john_s2

If you look back above there is a video on how to uninstall Geppetto. That is how I managed to get around it.

Basically, if you go to Windows Control Panel - Install/Uninstall Programs 3DS Max with Geppetto is listed separately to 3DS Max without. .......at least that is how it worked with me.
Message 16 of 25
phloog

That seemed to work - - I got some corruption warnings and had to reset the ribbon to factory defaults, but then it seemed fine.

Really wanted to fiddle with this thing but right now it looks like they need to work on their installer - - began to worry at the very start when I realized it doesn't tell you when it's done.
Message 17 of 25
john_s2

It is something of a disappointment that the only recent discussion on this thread is from those of us who are happy/relieved that we have successfully removed Geppetto after it's installation did no more than screw up our software.
Message 18 of 25
phloog

In light of the fact that this is Max we're talking about, and specifically a potentially new feature of Max, it is no longer surprising to me at all that there are no responses here.

Honestly, with what is going on with subscription extensions, maybe it's actually GOOD that the thing doesn't work and isn't getting any kind of support...I would hate to grow attached to it, because it isn't going to ever become part of Max - - all Autodesk is going to do is make it an extension that you can only get if you buy their Ultimate Suite.

The days of interesting Max development that lead to features you'll see in plain-old-just-Max are gone. Buy a bundle or don't bother them.
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

No responses? This is page two of responses...and not to mention two of the responses ARE from Autodesk. (First and fifth direct response...)
You seem to be doing something wrong as there ARE people that are lucky enough to get it working...FYI

(Edit: Replaced smart with lucky)
Message 20 of 25
phloog

wow, doughboy...great way to go ad hominem....as long as we're on the subject of smarts and "book larnin'", maybe you can check out WHEN those two responses were posted, because it looks to me like the most recent AD post in this thread was in November of 2011. The rest of the two pages seems to be user posts.

Oddly enough, though, people of average or even ABOVE average intelligence can run into problems with software - either in the software itself or the interaction of that software with their systems.

But far easier to make this a personal attack at the people having problems, right?

You've added a great deal to this conversation...please feel free to insult me some more, and I will respond in a few months perhaps - don't be impatient!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report