cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1039 Views, 24 Replies

install

I click on the install for maxdesign. I get the accept for term screen and hit accept. Then I get the screen to install for Max design 2012. I click that check box and nothing happens
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: phloog

To point out the FACT that these are PEER to PEER forums would probably do me no good either...

As far as the attack goes...well sorry you took it that way. I guess I should have said lucky instead of smart, my bad.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to contact the people listed on the Project Gepetto page...Then again maybe not with the tone of disgust you seem to carry for all things Max.
Message 22 of 25
phloog
in reply to: Anonymous

I get that they are called peer to peer, but I also get that AD people DO post here...

...so I guess when they want to post here they will, and they can collect all the kudos for outstanding customer service, but if there's a problem they don't want to deal with then yep - peer to peer.

One of my more recent annoyances with AD is this kind of crud where you can't tell if this is even the official site or not. Ken posts news about Max on CGSociety - usually BEFORE it's posted here, and fairly often INSTEAD of posting it here.

I will contact the people on the page - that part of your posts is helpful so thanks.

I do prefer your use of the word 'lucky' as that seems to be closer to what's going on here.

There are quite a few companies that I never complain about - the one thing they have in common is that none of them did anything wrong.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: phloog

I do feel your pain...and I might even have the same problem with Geppetto IF I actually had time to install and or test it... Again sorry.

BTW what does "ad hominem" mean?
Message 24 of 25
phloog

Sorry - -it's an overused term on the net, so I mistakenly figured everyone had seen it. Since you haven't that's a good thing, because it means attacking the person instead of the arguments they are making. Literally 'to the man' - so directing your attention to the negative characteristics of the person (in this case my extreme bitchiness) instead of the issue.

Since you're unfamiliar, it means no one has used it on you, so you're doing fine.

Now I will freely admit to my bitchiness, but this has been the worst time ever in my relationship with Autodesk, culminating in my purchase of HoudiniFX. After being an exclusive Autodesk customer since 3dStudioR3 for DOS back in 1990ish, I am now looking around.

I don't really have MUCH time to fiddle with Geppetto either - I was just annoyed that the time I wanted to spend fiddling with it was instead spent hitting this annoying bug and having to uninstall it to get Max to stop presenting me with script error windows. LUCKILY they supplied an uninstaller, or I'd have had to think about uninstalling Max 2013....

...and the way this week is going, it might have never gotten put back on my machine.
Message 25 of 25
phloog

When you run into this, try moving to SP4 of Max.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report