Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Levels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
703 Views, 3 Replies

Different Levels

Can the crowd simulation change in level. Currently it seems that its glued to 0. If my terrain is below or above 0 or is sloping how do I simulate this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Doughboy12
in reply to: Anonymous

No, it can't, and is well documented along with all the other limitations and capabilities.
3ds Max 2012 Certified Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67 x2 36GB
3ds Max 9 - 2013

Workaround: switch to "crowd skin" view, select the people you want to lift up or down and adjust their pivot since they are on the proper height. (horrible english...I know)

Greets
Message 4 of 4
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

In 'Crowd Skin' you can also link an individual Person to a 'dummy' and then animate the dummy's height to simulate walking an incline or if far enough away so you don't notice the lack of stepping up, you can have a person go up and down steps. I haven't tried linking idle areas to a dummy on an escalator but I'd assume it would work too.

I went ahead and rendered a test. My guy is a bit off from the rear view but you get the idea. From behind they look pretty good though because you don't see the feet penetrating the steps like you do on the front view.

http://nvision4d.com/guest/Crowd_01.mp4

This is a fantastic plugin. I hope they keep developing it and include features. I'd like to have the ability to attach any CAT object to it.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report