Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen : Help to compile xpd2txt // Python integration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paul.parneix
455 Views, 1 Reply

Xgen : Help to compile xpd2txt // Python integration

Hi,

I'm trying to export Xgen instances to Guerilla render instances, for that, I need to bake each Xgen instance to a locator with corresponding attributes.

I havn't found a way using python to loop through each Xgen instance, and get it's attributes (like position, color etc...). Maybe it's possible.

If xpd cache can be converted to a .txt, it would be easier to get all the attributes reading the text file with python / mel.

I'm trying to compile xpd2txt using visual studio, but can't get it to work. I have included all the Xgen includes and lib, it returns a link error : 

>xpd2txt.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class XpdReader * __cdecl XpdReader::open(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?open@XpdReader@@SAPAV1@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function _main

(source located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\xgen\devkit\xpdSamples )

Maybe u guys know how to compile this ? or maybe you have the compiled windows .exe file ? btw, a full python way of looping through Xgen elements would be better 🙂

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.parneix

Hey Paul,

I was wondering if you made any progress on this issue you had, since I'm running into a similar one (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/programming/developing-tools-for-xgen-xgen-lib-missing/td-p/5637617)

Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report