Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Backburner Server with command-line switch - desperate!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
570 Views, 3 Replies

Start Backburner Server with command-line switch - desperate!!

Good Morning Everybody!

I am trying desperatly to start up the backburner server.exe with a preset command line switch to tell the server which manager to connect to rather then change the setting manual in the "General Properties" Window.

I can do that with the monitor.exe

For example i can use the command line switch -m to tell the monitor on start up wich manger it should connect to.

The command for that would look like

monitor -m192.168.1.131

This will fire up the monitor and tell it to connect to the manager on 192.168.1.131

I want to be able to do the same thing with the server.exe but JEEEEEZ..... I can`t figure out the switch even after hours of researching the internet.

Guys, do You know how to do that?

Please help me out.

Best Regards from Japan

Dani

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miken
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Dani,

Same issue I have- and it has been driving me nuts!

the only way I could do it was with psexec as and start and stop the server as a service. which was not really what I wanted as I would rather run it as an application.

have a look at a current thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/programming/starting-server-application-remotely-using-psexec/td-p/545...

it may be of some help, it may even be worthwhile just using the one thread on this as your issue is the same as mine

lets hope we solve this...

Mike

Message 3 of 4
tvailikit
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm trying to do something similar on my network. Did you guys figure it out? I'd hate to have to hit all my workstations to set this up. Be nice to run it in a script.

Message 4 of 4
miken
in reply to: tvailikit

Same issue here....I spent days on it and got nowhere - I was told by Autodesk this is function is not supported and Psexec is not a tested environment.

That was it...no joy...I gave up

You can kill server with psexec- but starting it seems an impossible ask

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report