Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK parameter block : How to do a fileName + fileOpen Button combo

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
310 Views, 1 Reply

SDK parameter block : How to do a fileName + fileOpen Button combo

I am having trouble understanding how to do parameters properly : There seems to be no documented way of setting variables in the string table, or how to set up .rc files. I have a plugin where the user can select the file he wants to open. So far I have a hacky fileName string edit box running for that. I would like to have a string edit box + file open button combo to work so that the user can browse the file from that button, or if he wants, just set the file name directly from max script. A similar save button would also be desired at some point. But my guess is that it is pretty close in implementation to the open combo. I have also attached an image depicting what I need.

My current implementation looks like this :

cacheReader_fileName,         _T("fileName"),         TYPE_FILENAME,     P_ANIMATABLE,     IDS_FILENAME,
        //Zero or more optional tags
        p_default,         "",
        p_ui,             TYPE_EDITBOX,        IDC_FILENAME,
        end,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
istan
in reply to: Anonymous

i am sure there exists an example in the sdk.. make an edit field with pblock and a simple windows std button. assign the string to the edit field from the fileopen dialog with pblock->setvalue()

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report