Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunMUIRCT failed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hambonee
1330 Views, 2 Replies

RunMUIRCT failed

I cannot get a simple procedural object (SimpleObject2) plugin to compile successfully.  The RunMUIRCT step always fails.

Here is the build log:

1>------ Build started: Project: maxProject1, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.Targets(1605,5): warning MSB3101: Could not write state file "C:\\3dswin\obj\x64\Release\maxProject1\maxProject1.vcxprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache". Could not find a part of the path 'C:\3dswin\obj\x64\Release\maxProject1\maxProject1.vcxprojResolveAssemblyReference.cache'.
1>  maxProject1.cpp
1>  DllEntry.cpp
1>  c:\users\name\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\maxproject1\maxproject1\dllentry.cpp(78): TODO: Perform initialization here.
1>  c:\users\name\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\maxproject1\maxproject1\dllentry.cpp(87): TODO: Perform un-initialization here.
1>c:\users\name\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\maxproject1\maxproject1\maxproject1.cpp(267): warning C4245: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'PartID', signed/unsigned mismatch
1>C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014 SDK\\baseaddr64.txt : warning LNK4198: base key 'maxProject1' not found - using default
1>     Creating library C:\Users\name\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\maxProject1\maxProject1\\obj\x64\Release\\maxProject1.lib and object C:\Users\name\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\maxProject1\maxProject1\\obj\x64\Release\\maxProject1.exp
1>  maxProject1.vcxproj -> C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\maxProject1.dlo
1>  ==== RunMUIRCT: Start ====
1>  RunMUIRCT: WARNING - Could not find version info in file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\maxProject1.dlo
1>  'muirct.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>  operable program or batch file.
1>RunMUIRCT : error : executing muirct.exe failed. Could not convert C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\maxProject1.dlo
1>RunMUIRCT : error : executed: muirct.exe -v 1 -q "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014 SDK\tools\mui.rcconfig" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\maxProject1.dlo" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\en-US\maxProject1.dlo.ln" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\en-US\maxProject1.dlo.mui"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014 SDK\tools\RunMUIRCT.exe" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins\\" maxProject1.dlo
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Steps I took:

1. Create a new prodcural object plugin (SimpleObject2) via the 3dsmax plugin wizard.  (All directory paths are setup correctly)
  2. Switch to x64.  Ensure toolset is set to v100.  (This is for 3dsmax 2014)
  3. Modify the VC++ library directors and manually add the following two paths (Otherwise it cannot find any of the librararies needed to compile):
    "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014 SDK\lib\x64\Release"
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\x64"
  4. Modify maxProject1.rc file and replace:
    #include "afxres.h"

with

#include "WinResrc.h"
    #define IDC_STATIC  -1

(Otherwise it will say it cannot locate "afxres.h")

5. Compile.

The strange part is, even though the compiling failed, the plugin still loads up and works fine in 3dsmax.  However, there is no generated .mui file.

My questions:

1. How can I get RunMUIRCT to successfully compile?
  2. I'm not going to do any localizing, is it possible to disable generating the .mui file?  I can simply hardcode all the text.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
devination3d
in reply to: hambonee

I know this thread is 3 years old but I ran into a similar issue and came across this post with no replies.

If anyone wants to disable the RunMUIRCT.exe step you can find it in your project settings under the PostBuildEvent section. Just clear it out. The line will look something like this:

"'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Release|x64'">"$([System.IO.Path]::GetFullPath('$(ADSK_3DSMAX_SDK_2016)/tools/RunMUIRCT.exe'))" "$([System.IO.Path]::GetFullPath('$(TargetDir)'))\" $(TargetFileName)

Message 3 of 3
Winged03
in reply to: hambonee

I've got similar error with MUIRCT, for me problem solved when I changed language property for the accelerator in my project to English [United States], hope that helps somebody.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report