Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV - how to fetch variables?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
536 Views, 2 Replies

CSV - how to fetch variables?

Hello there,

I´ve started MAX script today and I would like to know a little about CSV files.

They come in different tastes and I would like to know:

Which values can max fetch? I don´t know the internal names for the parameters therefore I can´t just assign let´s say the 3rd value in the CSV row one to the translation of object "cube" which is defined in the CSV and assigned to the Max object with the same name as listed in the csv as well. The FBX includes the object names, the csv contains start and end points. The hierarchy is the same.

I´d simply like to import an FBX which includes the object names and use a CSV to change the visibility of all the instances one after another.

Is there an overview of the syntax? I need to get the objects in range, assign the controllers, assign a number of frames for each keyframe and array the keyframes like pearls on a chain.

As it is possible to write any value in the csv to a value in MAX I just need a description of the functions. Looking at the script of the animation retimer helped a great deal.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Talk about jumping in at the deep end... 😛
Starting at the beginning - reading CSV files. Go to the Programming forum and search for CSV - there's 2 pages of threads (some of which may well be SDK related) which should give you enough to get started. All the other stuff will probably have to be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hello Steve,

thanks for the link. I will get the info and read it carefully.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report