Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Arch & Design materials to Standard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alester
2176 Views, 3 Replies

Converting Arch & Design materials to Standard

This is a strange request I know but I am looking for a script that converts Arch & Design materials into Standard materials, or at least takes there diffuse channel and populates the diffuse materials diffuse channel.

I have looked around an all the script I can find seem to go the other way (standard to arch design).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blakestone
in reply to: alester

Hi Anthony,

Recently I have been writing a few scripts which converts materials, specifically oFusion Materials to Standard Materials however I am happy to assist you with your Arch & Design materials if you still need assistance?

What information do you need from your Arch & Design materials which needs to go to your Standard materials eg.

-- Diffuse Maps
-- Opacity Maps
-- Specular Maps
-- Bump Maps
-- Diffuse Colors
-- Reflection values

Are you wanting to do everything in your scene or just on selected objects?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
bryandagnes
in reply to: blakestone

Hi Blakestone,

I am trying to do what Anthony asked now. because I need to transfer a architectural image (all A&D materials) into unity. you said you found a way to convert arch & design materials directly into standard?

Thank you in advance!

Bryan

Message 4 of 4
ultimakc
in reply to: blakestone

Blakestone,

I am in the same position - I need to use AD materials while modeling and rendering in Max Design 2014, but then need to export/use those same models in U3D and Lumion - both of which require "Standard" materials. I have seen/read about some MaxScript that exists for this but all I have gotten to is dead links. I would love to see what you come up with on this.... changing all manually is very time consuming when working with large city scenes!

Keep me posted, thanks!!

-Ken Cummings / R3DP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report