Community
3ds Max Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max SDK, Maxscript and Python topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ SetValue for CAT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
budaibanderas
321 Views, 3 Replies

C++ SetValue for CAT

Hi all!

I'm looking for some help regarding to my new plugin.

I would like to set euler values for the Base Human Preset, procedurally through a utility plugin.

So my problem is the following:

If I iterate through all of the nodes in th scene, get their rotation controller and call their setvalues. like:

node->GetTMController()->GetRotationController()->SetValue(i,&myQuat,1,CTRL_ABSOLUTE);

Then add a keyframe for theese values:

node->GetTMController()->GetRotationController()->AddNewKey(i,ADDKEY_SELECT);

The plugin doesn't do anything after it reaches the "Base HumanPelvis" node.

Interesting, but the "Base Human" node which is the arrow in the triangle object, gets my values and keyframes.

By the way, if I try my plugin on anything which is not a CAT object (for example boxes) it works like a charm.

Question in one sentence:

Is there a special way I can call setValue for a CAT object?

Many thanks:

budaibanderas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: budaibanderas

Hi!

I am also having this problem. 

Message 3 of 4

Someone at Autodesk may can put us to the right direction! Please give us some instructions! I've googled 3 days, and found nothing.

I'm using max2014 if that matters.

Message 4 of 4

Hello,

Unfortunately for C++, there are no direct APIs to work with CAT. It is implemented separately from the base methods, so those will not work to register changes within the CAT system.

There is a full MAXScript oriented API exposed. You can find information about that here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2015/ENU/?guid=__files_GUID_B63D628C_E1FE_43F9_80A1_39DA2B3322A...

From C++ you are able to call MAXScript, see here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2015/ENU/?guid=__files_GUID_5CC913A0_E7CC_457B_9EE4_EAA79B8AF2B...

However, I would avoid that if you are making a lot of changes via the API. It will be easier to code and maintain in MAXScript directly.

Hope it helps,

kevin

Kevin Vandecar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report