Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to the latest version

Upgrading to the latest version

Hi All,

I have being installing upgrades of these product suites for a few years now. The last couple of years, the amount of software that has to get uninstalled before you install the latest version is getting very time consuming. I only have 6 machines to look after and I fit it in around my actual engineering role.

I would find it really useful if on the next version, there were a tick box on the setup menu that said 'automatically uninstall previous version'.

That way I could set it off in the evening, let it run overnight to remove the old software and install the new software, come in in the morning to a rebooted machine ready to go  - all without the need for user interaction. It would be even better if I could configure the template paths as part of the setup, then it really would be ready to go, just link it to the vault and the user is away.

Anyway, it's just a thought. 🙂

1 Comment
Nhall123
Participant

An excellent idea.

But rather than a check box to "automatically uninstall previous version", could ther be a radio buttom like this

• Automatically uninstall previous version
  • Automatically uninstall ALL previous versions
  • Do not uninstall any previous versions

As a reseller who has to do this a lot, it would be a massive time-saver

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report