Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite Addition

Product Design Suite Addition

I would like Autodesk to seriously consider adding Autocad P&ID to Product Design Suite to round out the package for skid mounted Routed Systems design industries.  Industries such as mine require the use of Inventor Routed Systems, Autocad Electrical AND Autocad P&ID.  Currently Product Design Suite and/or Plant Design Suite only include 2 of the 3.  I think either one or the other suites should include all 3 for a more fully rounded package.  Mentioned this to the Product Manager at AU2012, and putting the ide here was his suggestion... so lets kudo this sucker up and get it rolled into the 2014 packges.  😄

9 Comments
tahdesign1
Collaborator

I Totally agree with this! We had to buy a single seat of P&ID for our use in system designs where our primary software being used is Inventor. I have two Flavors of product design suite and Factory Ult. You would think this could be included in one of these. Plus eventough the P&ID that wew purchased was a stand alone product it still has a menu entry for Plant Design entities. The P&ID software should be offer as a Stand Alone, connected to Plant Design, OR connected to Product Design.

Gi.Ga
Contributor

+1

For me, ACAD Mechanical AND P&ID should be best way...

jannaspicer
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
Hi cbenner and tahdesign - Thanks for your feedback! I'd like to move this suggestion to our Product Design Suite IdeaStation, so we can consider the input in context there. Also, would you be willing to have a short phone conversation with me, so I can better understand the kind of applications you're working on? I'll send you a private message with this request as well. Thanks, Janna Janna Spicer Product Manager, PrDS
cbenner
Mentor

Janna,

Do you know, or are you allowed to say, wether there has been any decisions on this idea?

cbenner
Mentor

OK,

I can see now that this did not happen.  Seriously bummed here.  So we get a box full of software we cannot and will not use (Mudbox, Showcase, Sketchbook, Raster Design, Recap, Navisworks, Alias, 3ds Max....) and if we want a lisense of the one we DO need (P&ID) that's another $6000 plus per seat.

Very heavy sighs all around.

cbenner
Mentor

Startling revelation....

We can do what we need more efficiently by using Acad Electrical to produce P&ID's and link them to our electrical schematics.  Smiley Embarassed  Oops.

BirdRider
Explorer
Totally agree, I love inventor's functionality but it is horrible for piping. Tube and Pipe is horrible and there is no way to create isometrics.

Completely agree, We need AutoCAD P&ID and Product Design Suite. Both together would be very helpful. Besides we are already paying for items in the suite that we do not need so having one we do would be a great addition.

Agreed.  I have done a lot of skid design in Inventor and could use both (1) P&ID and (2) Isometrics automatically generated from the routed systems feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report