Product Design Suite IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Product Design Suite with the Development Team.
0 Kudos
johnb

Issue with installation of Product design Ultimate Suite

by johnb ‎01-02-2013 06:00 PM - edited ‎01-02-2013 06:01 PM

Having a major issue currently with installing my AutoDesk Ultimate Suite. Problem is quite simple while the solution seems to be rather annoying. I have my computer built in a newer, more technology update fashion. I run a small yet fast SSD to only run my OS. The issue is this leaves practically no additonal space on my boot C: drive. I have a couple of other hard drives specifically for music, games, other very large programs. Well like any other major brand of software AutoDesk is attempting to install all of the Product suite, which is around 8-9GB of data on my boot drive C:. Put simply I just can not do that, the issue is I have not found a way to install the program on my alternative (non boot) drives and am quite frustrated.

Any help?

I am currently very frustrated as this install process seems to be very old fashion as new technology has surpassed the needs to have a massive, yet very slow main C: drive. 

Of course as luck would be it I can not get in contact with anyone from AutoDesk. 

Comments
by Employee on ‎02-13-2013 11:29 AM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

by Employee on ‎02-13-2013 11:30 AM

Hi John, there is a way to do what you're asking for during installation. Please see here:

PRDS_InstallationPathSelection_web.png

Thanks,

Janna

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register