Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want Inventor Fusion to come back

I want Inventor Fusion to come back

As there is not an ideastation for Autocad, I write this here. I want Inventor Fusion to come again with Autocad. Very useful tool to edit solids and do some other things.

12 Comments
jannaspicer
Alumni
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hi fprico, Have you tried the new freeform and direct edit tools included with Inventor 2015? There are tons of improvements, which might already cover what you're looking for. You can get a free trial version here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-inventor-family/free-trial Let me know your thoughts! -Janna
fprico
Collaborator

Hi, Hanna, thanks for responding. Yes I know of Inventor new tools in 2015. I posted this hear because of the lack of an Autocad Ideastation. Also Inventor its an other product it takes a lot of time to import edit and go back to Autocad.

I think Inventor Fusion its a great collaborative tool for Autocad to modify objects also it is very fast to exchange drawings with the Fusion link in Autocad. also its very good to stitch surfaces something that is missing in Autocad, delete unneeded solid faces and many others things.

I have to say it is very helpful tool for completing designs. I don't find too much enthusiasm in going back to the basic Autocad before trying this kind of tool its to me like going backwards rather than going forward. I am Still using 2013 and I don't found any significant improvement in 2014 or 2015 that makes me change just the opposite I find it less interesting.

Thanks.

Fernando.

jannaspicer
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

autoutilare
Observer

Inventor fusion 2013 was quite helpful. I can't find the installer anymore, you should let us the possibility to download it.

jannaspicer
Alumni
Hi there, have you looked at Fusion 360? Inventor Fusion has been discontinued, but most users find Fusion 360 quick to learn if they were using Inventor Fusion before.

Thanks,
Janna
autoutilare
Observer

Quick to learn but not free. I don't see the files cloud like something I should pay for. And there is not so much improvement, over Inventor Fusion 2013,  that worth the money . 

Thanks for your time.

Ruar

fprico
Collaborator

Fusion 360 is cloud based that makes it a very especific product only for some people, not all want cloud. Then I don t see any company in my country that adopted this software when I search for work, otherwise Autocad it is very common used the same as Inventor profesional.

Thanks

Fernando

Anonymous
Not applicable

We used to use Fusion 2013 as part of our ACAD licenses - with the recent upgrades to windows 8 on a number of machines we are taking the opportunity to upgrade ACAD to the latest licensed release we have.

Tragically, this meant that we lost Fusion, only to find it had been replaced with a premium subscription-based Fusion 360 cloud based program - given that we're already selling our kidneys to pay for ACAD we were reluctant to also donate our livers, so we downgraded to ACAD 2013 which came with Fusion 2013.

Tragedy - doesn't work with windows 8.

No fix.

No solution except 'buy Fusion 360.

No thanks Autodesk, you're already harnessing body parts and our childrens' futures.

Good work, time to find alternatives I think.

fprico
Collaborator

Totally agree, I am still using Autocad 2013, I find no need to download 2016 y prefer 2013 with fusion. As a designer I am constantly making changes to parts Autocad had this possibility when it has Inventor fusion. Fusion 360 its not the same its Cloud based also not demanded for work where I live.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's tragic really, were it a £40 piece of software I'd understand the forced upgrade, but this thing costs about £2k/seat!

I miss fusion, and don't need/can't afford inventor. Can't downgrade as hardware doesn't support Win 7 so we're pretty stuffed!

James Ward
Mob: +447772342007
Sent on-the-move

Architen values your opinion click here

TERMS & CONDITIONS
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in respect of it.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please notify us as soon as possible by telephone on 01291 638200. Architen Landrell Associates Limited, Station Road, Chepstow, NP16 5PF,UK.
Registered in England & Wales: 05747925
Vat Registration Number: GB 869777145
ERICKNIGHT
Participant

I agree - Fusion 2013 within Inventor was great.

I have tried most of the tools in 2016 inventor and A360 ( Fusion ). You can not edit parts the same.

You will need to rebuild all your 2013 custom parts to use A360. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

A360 does not work with inventor parts anymore, do not believe otherwise or what anyone tells you.

You can NOT import solids into A360 ( 2016 Fusion ) and edit them as you did with 2013 Fusion.

A360 IS NOT 2013 FUSION.

They ( whoever they are )  will tell you that 360 does all that 2013 Fusion did.

THAT IS NOT TRUE.

It gets ever better - Any parts created with 2013 Fusion can NOT be edited with A360 and they can NOT be edited in 2016 inventor if you used 2013 Fusion to Build you parts.

This A360 is a major let down to me, I have spent a few weeks playing with it and it does not do what I need it to do.

Autodesk took the Fusion backbone and have invented A360.

So I have no way to work on my 2013 Fusion parts on any newer version of inventor.

I should have stopped my subscription at 2013 and saved 3600.

I do not believe that I will update my subcription again.

30 Years w autodesk and I do not belive they are going the right way anymore.

They actually have A360 designed to run on MACS and Solidworks formats.

A360 runs on all software and runs all competitors files.

A360 reminds me of the quote " A jack of all trades and a master of non".

I WANT FUSION BACK FOR INVENTOR.

kelomenopata
Community Visitor

Try FreeCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report