Community
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Expand children for selected parts in assembly for constraining to workplanes

Expand children for selected parts in assembly for constraining to workplanes

I would like to see within an assembly the possibility to expand only selected parts to make workplanes and axis visible.

Now I can only choose between expand or collapse all children.

If I want to constrain a bolt or pin for example, I can place it with an insert constrain.

But then it's still able to turn around 1 axis. Then you add an angle constraint to fix the rotation, and the part is fully constraint.

But to do this you have to expand each part instance individually, add a constraint and collapse it again. It takes a lot of mouse-clicks.

If I can select all these parts and had a button "expand selected children" it would save a lot of work.

1 Comment
DRoam
Mentor

@ArjonMiddelbrink7956, please see the following ideas for a couple of alternate solutions which would probably be even faster:

The idea of both of these is you bring up the origin planes on-the-fly, for each component, as you constrain it. One of them is for a little pop-up feature tree, the other is for displaying the origin planes/axes themselves. Would either or both of these be a satisfactory alternate solution? šŸ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report