Announcements
The Product Design Suite Idea Board will be moved to the Read-Only Archive on on April 30, 2019.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for sketchbook - add sound while sketching

Idea for sketchbook - add sound while sketching

Dear autodesk team,

I was wondering, why isn't there a sound when you draw using sketchbook?

I don't know any programs that do but isn't the sound of your tool something that gives you great feedback of what you are actually doing?

Maybe nobody ever thought about it because it is so obvious, but maybe thats why i think it would be a great addition.

And even if people don't use it then you still have a great trademark that none that i know have.

Please tell me what you think about it.

In advance,

Ruben

p.s. I couldn't find Sketchbook under your product tab while filling in this form.

2 Comments
pmobius
Explorer

Ruben,

I feel the same way about this - I posted the same idea last week (I didn't see your post until today).

The sound  lets me know pressure, angle, it orients perspective depending on the subject matter, and much more.

It was part of how I learned to draw.

Anyways GREAT IDEA!!!

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also would love this. The competing "PenUp" sketch app that comes with many new Samsung tablets has this feature. The pencil sounds like a pencil, the charcoal sounds like charcoal, and the brushes and markers sound like markers. Makes a big difference for those of us who grew up using physical art materials. I find myself using PenUp more than Autodesk Sketchbook for that reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report