Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

mssarah
Message 1 of 3 (566 Views)

xref not printing in hardcopy

566 Views, 2 Replies
10-13-2011 07:19 PM

Hiya - Been snooping around the forums for a while now, but every question has been answered! however, I am stuck on this:

I’ve attached a dwf as an xref and set up a viewport, however when i print the viewport contents show up on screen, and in the PDF, but if i print it to the physical printer, nothing comes out except the lines i drew in that drawing (i.e. the polylines as references for where my viewport is).

I’ve come across this before in an older version of AutoCAD but have forgotten how to solve it.

Also, is it possible to bind a DWF?  its seems you can do it with other things but not this file type. 

http://i.imgur.com/kYdSb.jpg (screen shot of my issue).

ps im using autocad 2012

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (547 Views)

Re: xref not printing in hardcopy

10-14-2011 11:18 AM in reply to: mssarah

Printing to what?
Using what driver?

Most likely your printer/driver is not able to handle raster images from AutoCAD, no fix if you can't find a better driver.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
mssarah
Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)

Re: xref not printing in hardcopy

10-17-2011 04:17 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, however thats not the issue because if i use the existing viewport in the paper space (the one that is in the file when you make a new one) it will print.

When i make a new view port the contents of the vp won't print, i checked the layers and defpoints etc because i thought it was that but they seem to be fine (as per my screen shot).

I'm printing to an office printer.

Thanks

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!