Did you mean: 

Xref not plotting correctly in plot or preview

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lockenest
1708 Views, 1 Reply

Xref not plotting correctly in plot or preview

I have some old drawings that I'm working on in Civil3D 2012.  The drawing has been converted from CTB to STB.  Page setup is set to plot with plot styles and object lineweights. All layers are set to plot By Layer.  The issue is that in both model and paperspace the lineweights set for the xref display correctly, but when I plot or preview, the lineweights set for the xref layers revert to the default lineweight. Changing the default lineweight changes all of the linework in the xref when I plot or preview.  The lineweights for anything drawn in model or paperspace plot correctly.

In addition wipeout used for areas of the xref, display correctly in model and paperspace, but do not work in plot or preview.

I have detached and reattached the xref to no avail.

I have created a test drawing using the same xref and the layers display in both plot and preview correctly. Wipeout works correctly.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lockenest
in reply to: lockenest

Figured it out. 

I compared the properties of a drawing's viewport that worked fine and the drawings that didn't work. I noticed that Shade Plot was set to As Displayed in the drawing that works and was set to Legacy Hidden in the drawings that don't work. That solved the problem.  Not sure why the previous engineer set it that way, just glad I found it.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost