Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS LiDAR image will not plot

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mining.Engineer
665 Views, 3 Replies

WMS LiDAR image will not plot

I'm referencing in a WMS image (a momochrome LiDAR image) which shows fine on the screen.  However when I plot, the image won't -- all other aspects of the drawing come through.  It's not on a non-printing layer.  I've fiddled with RASTERPERCENT, RASTERTHRESHOLD, and the plotter properties (currently using a PDF plotter but I have tried others with no success) but can't get  the image to come through.  Adding to the frustration, other images on the same server (i.e. color aerial) come through and plot without issue.  Any ideas why this particular image won't plot?  According to the WMS administrator, there is nothing on their end that "locks" the image prevening it from plotting.

C3D 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Mining.Engineer

As a test, only change the final output sheet size/scale to fit something really small like letter size (or postcard), does it plot?
If yes, try a slightly larger sheet and continue until you hit the size it stops plotting, and you found the driver limit.

If no, then try resizing the image and reattach and see if that helps.
Message 3 of 4
Mining.Engineer
in reply to: pendean

A little more detail...The LiDAR image is a greyscale image.  It is one of many available layers on the WMS server where it resides.  The full-color aerial will plot without issue (different layer, same server) but the greyscale LiDAR will not print.  Changed all sorts of settings in the plot and no resolution found.  Contacted the administrator for the WMS server and they have no idea either.  Even went as far as trying to print out of 2012, 2013, and 2014 C3D.  Nope.

Message 4 of 4

Having exactly the same issue with WMS service from our Image provider.. Wont render at full resolution when plotting. looks fine when i am in paperspace.. Just turns to big pixels when I plot... Civil 3D 2014 as well.

Pendean what did you mean by "driver limit" and how do i adjust this?
Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost