milton.fitzgerald
Message 1 of 1 (415 Views)

Wide or Large Format Printer and Scanner Recommendations "Re-Post"

415 Views, 0 Replies
02-01-2013 12:10 PM

To All,

I basically have the same question, or request as C3D_TomR did, for a

Wide or Large Format Printer and Scanner Recommendations Wanted

His post was from 12-12-2012, and I've only seen a few (4 to5 ) responses.

We are basically in the same position, with the same machine (HP1050 color plotter)

We also have 2 "High-Output" wide format Xerox machines that work great however we now have a need for

"COLOR SCANNING"

Basically we are looking to "swap" the 2 Xerox machines (one is a BW scanner / printer / plotter) with something that does color. At worst we are looking to replace one of our machines with a "color scanner" since we would still have the ability to print to our HP machine however, it would be better if we could find a full package deal where we are getting  2 "High-Output" machines with one having the color scanning / plotting ability.

Here is the main problem "PRICING"

Everyone seems to be like a "Car Salesman" when it comes to getting pricing meaning nobody can just give us a price.

Everything is based on how much printing / plotting / scanning we do and I understand that to a point but, you mean to tell me you can't give me a solid number on how much it will cost per sheet for a lease, or how much the machines will cost outright? At least with our HP machine (since we own it) we know our cost are for paper and ink.

As usual, any help, or input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Siemens Industries (Full-Time Office Position)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.