Printing and Plotting

Printing and Plotting

writegyu
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

When Plotting in Paper Space, Drawing in Viewport Does Not Scale Properly

95 Views, 1 Replies
07-18-2009 03:10 PM
When plotting to our Xerox 510 PS Wideform plotter in paper space, the dimensions are 2% smaller than what is on the drawing. The model was checked and is accurate. To resolve this, I viewed properties of the viewport to see if this is affecting the printout. When viewing properties of the viewport, there is a custom scale of 1/64" that shows up. When I try to change this property to 0", it defaults back to 1/64". The viewport scale is 1/8" = 1'-0". I've tried to print the drawing off of different computers but to the same plotter, but still the same result. When I print from my workstation to a newer Xerox plotter in another building, the drawing prints out fine.
Distinguished Contributor
peter.ashby
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: When Plotting in Paper Space, Drawing in Viewport Does Not Scale Properly

07-20-2009 02:39 AM in reply to: writegyu
2% is just about within tolerance for the printer, have you tried calibrating the plotter in autocad (under the printer manager) you can print out a test sheet and measure that, then input the actual size it printed and autocad will automatically correct all prints thereafter using that pc3 file will apply the correction.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!