Did you mean: 

very quick Printing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1112 Views, 4 Replies

very quick Printing

Hi,

I have a lot off draw with a lot off sheet to print. From 10 to 300 work sheets.

AutoCAD 2008, it take about 0,5 seconds for print one sheet, and 3 minutes for batch print 360 din a4 work sheet.

Now, with AutoCAD 2012, 2013 and 2014, the "PLOT" process for print one sheet take about 7,20 seconds. 43 minutes for prepare the factory works sheets. there is not reazonable.

I pay AutoCAD license for more features and speed. Not for have me employees seen the screen.

I have look and read the problem deleting printers, pc3 files not used, changing plot options.

Tryng many options.

It takes the same time preparing a plt file for HP printer, than making a estandar PDF file.

I try in Windows XP and in Windows 8.1, with 2012, 2013 a nd 2014 versions. whitout diferences.

I use AutoLISP for bach print.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have background plotting and publishing turned on in the newer versions?
Are you looking for AutoCAD to finish quicker?
Plotting to what? How is it connected to your PC?
What does your LISP do that PUBLISH or SHEET SET MANAGER (SSM) cannot?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have tried with this parameter off and on.

I need AutoCAD 2012, print in 0,5 or 1 second every piece. Every PDF file.

I print to a PDF file, or HP printer. Some times we nedd PDF, and some time we need PLT file. We save the files, and later send to the TCP/Ip printer, Or Network printer.

I have make test, only with local printer, and only with network printer, and whitout printer. Using PC3 printers.

I use autolisp routine for plot (Command "_.plot".... )
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Not enough information about your Lisp.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Mi Lisp Routine makes a (ssget "X" ... for a one symbol and excutes a (foreach nSymbol (command "_.,zoom" ... ) (command "_.plot" "DWG to PDF" "yes" "A4" No_render No__hactch No_plot_styles no_saves_configration_page etc. etc... "c:\pdf\pieza001.pdf" "Yes") ) Other times I make a plt file and save it. (command "_.plot" "HP Laserjet 8150" "yes" "A4" No_render No__hactch No_plot_styles no_saves_configration_page etc. etc... "c:\plt\piece0001.plt" "Yes") I have tried with "Hiding system printers". And other parameters. I have tried In Windows XP, And Windows 8.1, with 2, 4, 8 gb off RAM. And different computers. The same methond in AutoCAD 2008 are very, very quick. 0,5 second. And Now with AutoCAD2012 8 sec. The past days I have tried with the Virtual PDF printer "PDFCreator" and takes about 4,5 second. 3 seconds better, but not enought better than AutoCAD2008. For me the problem are the users don't want to migrate for the time to plot, many, many hours every week printing work sheets. Thnaks very much for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost