Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Plotters and PMP files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tahdesign1
308 Views, 2 Replies

Use of Plotters and PMP files

Years ago I tried to move away from as much customization of the AutoCAD environment as I could since we primarily use Inventor. I actually develop my formats/title blocks and styles (dim and text) in Inventor and then save AutoCAD dwgs out to use as my templates.

One of the areas, years ago, that I used customize and still point the running AutoCAD profiles at are Printer Support File Paths. The three areas I still point at my local setups are Plotters, PMP Files, and Plot Styles. Of those three, the only one that has any customization in it anymore are the Plot Styles since I do use color dependant styles and have specially developed ctb files for my setups.

Years ago I used to develop Plotters to use for my page setups but that is no longer the case. Nor do I go to the trouble to calibrate any plotters.

My page setups involve pointing at the specific system printer, page size / orientation, and the proper ctb file.

So my question is who is still developing plotters (pc3 files) and PMP files? Why?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.mcinnes
in reply to: tahdesign1

I have used them where I want to standardise print setups across machines or where standard windows system printers just don't work! Sometimes the PC3 file of a similar printer pointed to the your own printer IP will work just fine.
Message 3 of 3
tahdesign1
in reply to: sean.mcinnes

Well I don't think I will be producing any Plotter or PMP definitions since pointing my page setups to system printers has worked well for a while now.

However, I think I will still redirect the locations in Application Option for the running profile to a central location. That way if I happen to need to develop them down the road machines will be looking at the same source.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost