Did you mean: 

Text issues in PDF after publishing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
pjonesibs
27381 Views, 11 Replies

Text issues in PDF after publishing

I'm using Autocad 2014.  After publishing mulitiple layouts to PDF using the DWG to PDF.pc3, the text in the PDF looks blotchy.  It will plot correctly; it is just an issue with how the text is sent to Acrobat.  We are using Acrobat 9 full version.  The font is Romans.  I have attached a screenshot so you can see what we get when we open the pdf in adobe.  We're using a ctb file setup for line weight by color.  I have tried changing the end\join setting of that color to round.  I have changed the custom properties of the dwg to pdf.pc3 to process all text as geometry.  No success clearing up the blotchy text.

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
filipefrancisco
in reply to: pjonesibs

Try to change the type of the font... this happens because the autocad romans is different of the romans in adobe

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 3 of 12
ampster402

Within Adobe, go to Preferences, Page Display window.  In there, play with the Rendering options (3rd section down).  I don't recall the specific set of options that fix this issue, but you may need to disable one of them to be able to disable/enable others.

Message 4 of 12
pjonesibs
in reply to: ampster402

It's not only the text.  It affects some geometry as well.  I didn't think this was an Adobe issue.  I thought that the problem was from the way Autocad output the PDF.  I have attached a different image showing the issue with hatch and other geometry, not just the text.

Phillip

Message 5 of 12
pendean

That's a display setting in your chosen PDF viewer: as stated earlier.
True fix was also noted, switchin to a generic PDF viewer also eliminate the display problem (since they don't have to load bloatware like Adobe).

Do this test: zoom into the PDF in your viewer: problem goes away. No, it's not a miracle, preset Adobe display settings are no longer in effect that's all.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 12
quintella

I am having a similar problem. I tried changing the display options, but no change. This happens when I do a batch plot. The black blotches will wipeout text at random (see attachment). Will place random thick black lines on the print out (see attachment).  If I print the sheet individually, it comes out clean. Is there a batach plot issue?

I do not use the wipeout command. Sometimes, I will select add background to the mtext. But like I said, it is not a consistent problem. 

Message 7 of 12
oneilldm
in reply to: filipefrancisco

In addition to blotchy text... the text is not searchable or selectable in the PDF. 

Changing to a TrueType Font fixes the problem but we use the AutoCAD RomanS everywhere so I hope there is a Publish setting solution...

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: oneilldm

You need to be using 2016 versions of AutoCAD if you want searchable SHX font text.
Message 9 of 12
hattsoff
in reply to: ampster402

After reading your post, I found that these setting in Adobe Acrobat worked for me. See attachedadobe_appearance_file_problem_solved.jpg

-Chris
Message 10 of 12

I've faced the same Problem and found the solution by installing the program DOPDF from this link:

http://www.dopdf.com/download.php

and choose it as a virtual printer .

Message 11 of 12

try turning off "Plot Transparencies"

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I have this same problem in AutoCAD Electrical 2019.

I can't ask all of my customers to change their Adobe settings just to properly view a PDF that AutoCAD Electrical has generated.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a standard program for viewing PDFs, probably "the" standard program for doing so.  PDFs generated by AutoCAD should display properly in Adobe when Adobe has the "out of the box" default settings.

Is there any way to change the AutoCAD output to fix the problem, without asking all of my customers and builders to edit their Adobe settings?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost