Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sporatic plotting from paper space

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1407 Views, 7 Replies

sporatic plotting from paper space

We just got a new plotter, some of the machines can plot, some can't. When you send a plot from paperspace, the plotter starts to print the graphics and then goes blank. I can plot from that  same machine in modelspace, but everytime I try to plot from paperspace it has issues. I have un-installed and re-installed the printer, no luck, any ideas??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Plotter is a...?
Method you are connected to it is...?
Driver you all are using is...? version of that driver is...?
Windows OS you all are using is...?
AutoCAD version(s) you all are using is....?

WHat is different between those that can and those that cannot plot?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

plotter-Xerox 7970 pcl6

connection-eithernet

OS-windows 7 professional 64-bit sp-1

Acad- 2012, 2014, 2015

Driver-Xerox WorkCenter7970 PCL6

Message 4 of 8
pendean

What is different between those that you can plot and those that you cannot plot? Can you review the plot settings in detail side by side?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have found out that the printer does not like it when folks use "transparency". It turns out that that department was using it, I just happen to turn transparency off and it worked, but that still brings up another issue. I've been trying different Xerox drives to solve the problem.

Message 6 of 8
mickiebims

Did you ever find a solution to printing tranparency with the XEROX 7970?  We are experiencing the same issue with AutoCAD 14 and 15.

Message 7 of 8
chadtranchina
in reply to: mickiebims

Yes. Please see attached pdf, these are the driver setting I had to change to get the 7970 to print correctly.

Message 8 of 8
mickiebims
in reply to: chadtranchina

Excellent 🙂

That seems to do the trick with PCL for sure. I haven't tested PS yet but I would assume your solution works and will report back if found otherwise.  Thanks a millions..!!!

-Mick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost