Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size issue plotting fromAutoCAD 2012 to HP Designjet T790

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
7444 Views, 14 Replies

Size issue plotting fromAutoCAD 2012 to HP Designjet T790

I've refreshed CAD users onto new desktop machines and am having difficulty printing/plotting from AutoCAD to the on site HP DesignJet T790 in the correct size.

Despite my efforts plotting from AutoCAD 2012 and Architectural Desktop 2007 in "A2 Oversized" the resulting print always seems to print in A4 (or similar) which appears in the corner of an A2 cut-sized sheet.

I'm not an AutoCAD user and so am finding it tricky to express what settings I have tried but have pretty much exhausted all options.

I have tried the following drivers:
HP Designjet T790ps 44in PS3
HP Designjet T790 44in HPGL2

I have also tried installing the "HP DesignJet Preview" software on one of the machines (from HP driver downloads) which "catches" the plot output from AutoCAD before offering the option to print from its own interface. The "HP DesignJet Preview" software sees whatever is plotted as A4 also.

Users are using Windows 7 Professional SP1 with either AutoCAD 2012 or Architectural Desktop 2007.
The HP Designjet T790 is a network printer

Can anyone offer any troubleshooting i might try?

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

IS everyone plotting to the WIndows Driver direct from AutoCAD? As in, no one is using a PC3 file.
Is Win7 64bit or 3bit? are the drivers installed locally or on a server? Is the server OS 32bit or 64bit?
Can you repeat the problem if you plot to it from another application with the same print parameters?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Hi pendean, I must confess this being a little out of my areaof expertise, apologies for the lack of this basic information in the first instance.

The concept of the PC3 file is new to me. I have read a little into their purpose but have to admit, upon attempting to edit this with the editot included ididbt find anywhere to declarepaper size etc. I understand we are using PC3 files tho, yes.

OS on all machines is win 7 pro 64. Drivers installed locally. Tcpip port to printer.

IM afraid I'm having difficulty finding any otger software to plot from. Can you recommend a free tool/viewer I might download to test with?

Thanks again for your response.

Duncan
Message 4 of 15
pendean

Are you able to test my last question? Try, use a PDF or something. It's important.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

I have previously tried printing to a thirdparty pdf creator and it managed to print to A2 fine. I dont think it would let me use exactly the same settings with pdf but it did work.

When I print the pdf of course it prints in A2 as expected.

I will be back at the clients offices in the next few hours to test anything else.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

RESOLVED - WITH THANKS!

Thanks for your help, i have looked further into PC3 settings for this printer and have resolved this issue.

Message 7 of 15
pendean

Glad you fixed it.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

got almost the same problem as you. in my old plotter hp designjet 500 Plus i can print A1 and A0 drawings in just one paper size (a0 paper). But in hp designjet t790 i cant use A0 paper to plot my drawing in A1 size.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

We have been recently upgraded to 64 bit Windows 7 and are now experiencing a very similar issue within AutoCAD 2012. The T790 cannot be found when trying to plot to it. However, it shows up in the plotter list.

What's funny is that the PS driver is working.

Duncanshort - Will you post what you did to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

We have had the same issue with our T790 44 inch, plots that should be Ansi D coming out 11x17.  Now I see HP is not making this plotter anymore, so I suspect it may be a driver issue and difficult to resolve. 

I'd also like to know what changes were made to PC3 to restore functionality--we have been trying to edit ours repeatedly but unable to solve the problem  Occurs with Autocad 2012 and 2014.

Message 11 of 15
ampster40

ugh, I hate adding to the "me too" lists!  I've sent a private msg to the OP asking for clarification on what they did to fix this.

Fingers crossed the OP responds!

Message 12 of 15
ampster40
in reply to: ampster40

I failed to include what we are seeing here when plotting to an HP Designjet T790...using Acad 2013 on Win7/64 bit using the "44in HPGL2" type driver when someone plots out a D size print, the paper size is correct however everything being printed is reduced down in size to roughly a B size print.

Inventor and NX can plot correctly, it's only Acad that is having problems.

This particular issue I am assisting with, the plotter is in another state and is local to the client reporting the problem.  I've setup the plotter on my pc and have had 50/50 success sending plots to it so far, ie, only once I was able to plot a D size print and the info being printed filled up the paper correctly.

What I was exploring during the troubleshooting process with this isse is a somewhat common known issue where for some plotters - for some reason or another - it's been discovered that the Acad plot window had to be set to Landscape but within the plotter configuration it had to be set to Portrait to plot correctly.  That's when I was able to plot successfully but at the time I was not able to confirm that plot used the settings I had intended...when the client has some time, we'll connect up once more and I'll test that possible idea once more.

No word from the OP yet to my private msg.  There is the possibility that person can no longer be reached at the email they left with Adesk when they created their account here.

Message 13 of 15
ampster40
in reply to: ampster40

just an update for what worked for our issue,

We had to adjust the HP Designjet T790 properties to specifically state the paper was coming off a Roll instead of the default "Printer auto select" for "Paper source" - which I believe this setting fixed the problem, but while we were in the plotter properties we also told it what type of paper it was.

We saved that to a .pc3 file and that appears to work now.

HTH someone since the OP is MIA.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

i use AutoCAD 14 and whenever i try to print to size A0 or A1 on HP Designjet T790, it wouldn't print, sometimes it will print size A3 instead.

Please what do i do?

Can someone help with step by step method of solving this problem

Message 15 of 15
pendean

Not enough information: based on your very light post I suspect this has a lot to do with your plot parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost