Printing and Plotting

Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)

Sheet Set Manager - Page Setups

229 Views, 3 Replies
05-25-2012 04:47 AM

A couple questions:

What the best way is to create a new page setup in the middle of a project. If I go to manage page setups - new - I can only select "What to Plot" Layout or Extents however I really want to select a window as sometimes there are other objects on the layout page that should not be printed. 

Why can I only import certian layouts from other templates/drawings? Are these limited to only page setups that are set to "What to Plot" = layout/extents? If so why?

Thanks!

www.HowToEngineer.com
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (227 Views)

Re: Sheet Set Manager - Page Setups

05-25-2012 06:15 AM in reply to: RFreund

Window selection is a manual operation: SSM and PUBLISH are automated operations. Apples and Oranges comparison IMHO.

Find a better more permanent selection method if you can there are plenty if you want to use these automated features in AutoCAD.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)

05-25-2012 06:55 AM in reply to: pendean

I don't think I understand your response or what quesiton you are responding to.

If I'm not using SSM and I have many layouts I can define a page setup in one page then select all layouts and publish them to that layout (using window or any other "what to plot" option). How do I do something this simple in SSM? Meaning in the middle of a project all the sheets are created with a page setup of 24x36 at a 1:1 scale. Now I need to print 11x17 at a 'fit to page scale'. What is the best way to implement this?

www.HowToEngineer.com
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (222 Views)

05-25-2012 07:06 AM in reply to: RFreund

You must have a predefined 11x17 pagesetup available to use when you PUBLISH your set from SSM (which I think you do from your templates): think of SSM as your bound paper set, nothing more. How would you get an 11x17 of a sheet from a bound set of 36x48 sheets? Not easily.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!