Printing and Plotting

Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 1 of 4 (220 Views)

Sheet Set Manager - Page Setups

220 Views, 3 Replies
05-25-2012 04:47 AM

A couple questions:

What the best way is to create a new page setup in the middle of a project. If I go to manage page setups - new - I can only select "What to Plot" Layout or Extents however I really want to select a window as sometimes there are other objects on the layout page that should not be printed. 

Why can I only import certian layouts from other templates/drawings? Are these limited to only page setups that are set to "What to Plot" = layout/extents? If so why?

Thanks!

www.HowToEngineer.com
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)

Re: Sheet Set Manager - Page Setups

05-25-2012 06:15 AM in reply to: RFreund

Window selection is a manual operation: SSM and PUBLISH are automated operations. Apples and Oranges comparison IMHO.

Find a better more permanent selection method if you can there are plenty if you want to use these automated features in AutoCAD.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
RFreund
Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

05-25-2012 06:55 AM in reply to: pendean

I don't think I understand your response or what quesiton you are responding to.

If I'm not using SSM and I have many layouts I can define a page setup in one page then select all layouts and publish them to that layout (using window or any other "what to plot" option). How do I do something this simple in SSM? Meaning in the middle of a project all the sheets are created with a page setup of 24x36 at a 1:1 scale. Now I need to print 11x17 at a 'fit to page scale'. What is the best way to implement this?

www.HowToEngineer.com
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

05-25-2012 07:06 AM in reply to: RFreund

You must have a predefined 11x17 pagesetup available to use when you PUBLISH your set from SSM (which I think you do from your templates): think of SSM as your bound paper set, nothing more. How would you get an 11x17 of a sheet from a bound set of 36x48 sheets? Not easily.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.