Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptpro 2.0 not printing with the dwg to pdf driver.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1185 Views, 20 Replies

Scriptpro 2.0 not printing with the dwg to pdf driver.

Hello

I having difficulty batch printing using Scriptpro 2.0.  In short, scriptpro is using the simple batch file (see below), to add a xref and then printing using the DWG to PDF driver. I have tried using a paper printer, which works fine, so I suspect the problem is when scrippro calls the DWG to PDF driver.

I am using accoreconsole.exe application. 

I inserted a "qsave" command after the xref is inserted, and the xref does get saved, so, I know the script is working up to that point.

As anyone seen this problem and does anyone have any possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

L.

Batch.scr

Filedia
Proxynotice
Frame
Frame
Wipeoutframe
-xref
attach
"G:\My Docs\Engineering\Stamp.dwg"
-Plot
Y
Model
DWG To PDF.pc3
ARCH expand D (36.00 x 24.00 Inches)
Inches
Portrait
No
Extents
Fit
Center
Yes
electrical.ctb
Yes
Wireframe
C:\TEMP\dwgtest\pdfs\<acet:cBaseName>
N
Y
Filedia

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Not running "accoreconsole.exe application" and your script works fine here (I usd my own files names and locations).
Have you tried it that way too?

BTW, I prefer AUTOSCRIPT (freeeware from CADIG) over Scriptpro: if you are open to trying something else.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous

I can run the script with no issues when ran directly in AutoCAD. Even for 70+ dwgs.

But I have a lot of files that require the xref, so my throughts were to use Scrippro to handle the files and names, and allow it to simply reuse the same script. 

Accoreconsole sets up the printing parameters fine, the command to sends the data to the DWG to PDF driver, which seems to fail.  No error indication is issued, so debugging is difficult, at best.  Also, no event errors are logged in the operating event file either.

Have you tried accoreconsole.exe with scriptpro to replicate the issue, or does it work for you?

I will try the AutoScript to see if it works.

Message 4 of 21
pendean

Why would I run it? It works fine without it 🙂
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

yes it works if I write a extremly large single script and running it in AutoCAD, but that does not that is not the intent of looking for assistance in finding why accoreconsole.exe does not properly handle printing to PDF drivers properly.

If I choose a paper printer, the print command works fine.  the issue is when printing to a PDF.

The hope was that scriptpro and accoreconsole would alieviate the amount of effort to perform this very repetitive task.

Message 6 of 21
pendean

You might ask in the Autodesk developer forums or at the following link since it's a custom app and a work in progress: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/getting-started-with-accoreconsole.html
Message 7 of 21
Virupaksha_aithal

Hi ,

Try giving the extension as pdf. like C:\TEMP\<acet:cBaseName>.pdf.

I tried, below script file and it works fine in AutoCAD 2014. please note, i have made few changes to your to suite

environment at my end

Filedia

Proxynotice
Frame
Frame
Wipeoutframe
-xref
attach
"C:\cases\AutoCAD 2014.dwg"
-Plot
Y
Model
DWG To PDF.pc3
ARCH expand D (36.00 x 24.00 Inches)
Inches
Portrait
No
Extents
Fit
Center
Yes
Grayscale.ctb
Yes
Wireframe
C:\TEMP\<acet:cBaseName>.pdf
N
Y
Filedia

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Virupaksha

I checked my script adding the ".pdf" did not help.

Currently, I am running AutoCAD 2013 LT, I am having scriptpro installed on another machine that is running autocad 2013 electrical to see if that will make a difference.

From what I have seen so far, it seems that the script pro issues the commands to ACCoreConsole.exe properly, but the call to the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver does not contiue after told to do so.

I have attached the ACCoreConsole log file.

As you can see, it appears everything went fine.

AutoCAD Core Engine Console - Copyright Autodesk, Inc 2009-2011.

Command: 

Command: 

Command: 

Command: Filedia

Enter new value for FILEDIA <0>: 0

Command: Proxynotice

Enter new value for PROXYNOTICE <0>: 0

Command: Frame

Enter new value for FRAME <3>: 1

Runtime Extension 'AcIsmUi.crx' is already loaded.Regenerating model.

Command: Frame

Enter new value for FRAME <1>: 0

Regenerating model.

Command: Wipeoutframe

Enter new value for WIPEOUTFRAME <0>: 1

Regenerating model.

Command: -xref

Enter an option [?/Bind/Detach/Path/Unload/Reload/Overlay/Attach] <Attach>: attach

Enter name of file to attach: "C:\TEMP\dwgtest\Dwgs\Drawing1.dwg"

Attach Xref "Drawing1": C:\TEMP\dwgtest\Dwgs\Drawing1.dwg

"Drawing1" loaded.

Specify insertion point or [Scale/X/Y/Z/Rotate/PScale/PX/PY/PZ/PRotate]: 6.35,6.35

Enter X scale factor, specify opposite corner, or [Corner/XYZ] <1>: 1

Enter Y scale factor <use X scale factor>: 1

Specify rotation angle <0>: 0

Command: -Plot

Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] <No>: Y

Enter a layout name or [?] <Model>: Model

Enter an output device name or [?] <None>: DWG To PDF.pc3

Enter paper size or [?] <ANSI expand D (22.00 x 34.00 Inches)>: ARCH expand D (36.00 x 24.00 Inches)

Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] <Millimeters>: Inches

Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] <Landscape>: Portrait

Plot upside down? [Yes/No] <No>: No

Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] <Display>: Extents

Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] <Fit>: Fit

Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <-0.54,0.45>: Center

Plot with plot styles? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes

Enter plot style table name or [?] (enter . for none) <>: ONELINEelectrical.ctb

Plot with lineweights? [Yes/No] <Yes>: Yes

Enter shade plot setting [As displayed/legacy Wireframe/legacy Hidden] <As displayed>: Wireframe

Enter file name <C:\TEMP\dwgtest\Dwgs\Drawing2-Model.pdf>: C:\TEMP\dwgtest\pdfs\test.pdf

Save changes to page setup [Yes/No]? <N> N

Proceed with plot [Yes/No] <Y>: Y

Command: Filedia

Enter new value for FILEDIA <0>: 1

Command:  Command: _quit

Message 9 of 21
Virupaksha_aithal

Hi,

First, ScriptPro can not be used against AutoCAD LT.

but the call to the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver does not contiue after told to do so.
sorry, not clear to me. what is happening? you need to press enter at the end to complete the script?

Virupaksha Aithal KM

Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

I am not using ScriptPro with AutoCad Lt, I am using ScriptPro with ACoreConsole.  ACoreConsole follows the script and calls the -plot command, scriptpro responds to accoreconsole with all the necessary responses, even up to the request to proceed with the plot, but the DWG to PDF driver produces no pdf file. 

It seems that the call to the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver does not take place.

Message 11 of 21
pendean

Any reason you are not using PUBLISH and/or SSM with PUBLISH?

Looks like it is not worth the effort:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/accoreconsole-exe/td-p/3407517
And try a Google search for even more issues.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I need to manipulate the drawings before printing.

There is a xref that is added in the title block and some parameters changed. The insertion of the xref is the task that has to be completed before printing/plotting.  this is what I was using ACORConsole to complete.  writing a long script to print 100+ drawings in time consuming.  If the xref was not required to be inserted, the publish function would have been used.

I am open to suggestions if there is another method to manipulate drawings, then plot.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

After some testing the version of ACCoreConsole supplied with Lt does not execute the DWG to PDF.pc3 driver properly, though it handles the -XREF and other commands properly.

I have tried AutoCAD 2013 Elec on another machine, and the ACoreConsole works and creates PDFs properly.

The question is: why does ACCoreConsole version in 2013 Lt not handle the DWG to PDF.pc3 properly? It will send plots to paper printers with no issues.

Message 14 of 21
pendean

Again with the LT references 🙂
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

pendean,

If you have nothing useful to add to the discussion, then stop commenting.  Read the discussion, and understand that ScriptPro is not being used with LT, just ACCoreConsole.

Message 16 of 21
Virupaksha_aithal

Hi,

accoreconsole app which comes with LT will have limitations. so, i suggest you should use  Scriptpro against full AutoCAD or accoreconsole which comes with full AutoCAD.

Virupaksha Aithal KM

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

ACCoreConsole calls the plot function without issues.  It will even plot properly to to a printer, it is just the call to DWG to PDF driver that does not produce any output (pdf of drawing).  Also, there is no error reported either.

Message 18 of 21
pendean

You wrote:
"The question is: why does ACCoreConsole version in 2013 Lt not handle the DWG to PDF.pc3 properly? "
They wrote:
"accoreconsole app which comes with LT will have limitations"
Don't get mad at me because you cannot communicate with everyone.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Dean,

You don't seem to understand the purpose of these types of forums.  They are meant to share info and expertise, not, as you have been doing, provide negative comments.  I have shared what is happening with ACCoreConcole, and have been seeking assistance from others as to a possible fix.  You have not provided anything useful.

As described earlier; ACCore runs the -plot command properly and will print to a printer; it simply does not produce the pdf output file using the PDF drivers.  

Message 20 of 21
pendean

Exactly: but in every other of your post you mention LT, and it is disctracting everyone that is trying to help you because, as the Autodesk Employee has noted, the LT version is flawed/crippled.

It does not matter if it works one way but not the other, the Autodesk Employee who knows is telling you it's flawed in LT.

SO.... is it broken in full AutoCAD too? Answer the man, say YES IT IS ALSO FAILING TO WORK WITH THE BUILT_IN PDF DRIVER IN FULL AUTOCAD then they can start working on a fix if there is one.

Try it: take the time and answer the question using FULL AUTOCAD and not LT. Help yourself by being concise and stop mentioning LT of the Autodesk's Employee will ignore you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost