Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This plotter configuration cannot be used"- AutoCAD LT 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
robin
8092 Views, 7 Replies

"This plotter configuration cannot be used"- AutoCAD LT 2014

Keep getting a problem when trying to print (pictures attached)

When I go to printer a drawing in AutoCAD lt 2014 i get a warning screen which reads: 

AutoCAD LT Warning 

This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted. 

However, when the print options open up my printer is a plot device and can be printed from.

How do i set my printer as default plot device and stop getting this error? 

Thanks for your time 
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: robin

print options?
Are you by chance using a PC3 file in AutoCAD, and not the Windows system driver?
Is this a file someone else plotted successfully but you, in the same office, cannot?

AutoCAD only lets you set a printer/plotter as default within each tab in each DWG file, there is no system-wide default option, it doesn't work like that, never has, still doesn't.
Message 3 of 8
dmfrazier
in reply to: robin

DWGs are (usually) saved with the name of the last print device that was used to plot it.  When you initiate the Plot command, AutoCAD will attempt to use that device if it exists and all of its dependencies "resolve".  If this printer configuration is based on a PC3 file, it may be that you don't have access to the PC3 file, or it may have become corrupt.  If you work in a group that shares printers and printer configurations, it may be that another user has modified (knowingly or accidentally) a shared PC3 file (or one of the same name that is locally stored).  If the selected print device is 'direct" (no PC3), then there may be driver inconsistencies.

To get to the root of the issue, we would need more information about the history of the DWGs that present this message and about your environment and the way you generally plot.

"How do i set my printer as default plot device and stop getting this error?"

There are ways to set a particular printer as default, but that may not (probably won't) prevent this issue (depending on what its actual cause is).

In Options, on the Plot and Publish tab, you can set the "default plot settings for new drawings" to a printer of your choice.  You can also save your templates with particular page setups.  Unfortunately these won't have any effect on existing drawings that have already been plotted by you or another user.

Message 4 of 8
corgiriffik
in reply to: dmfrazier

Set the system variable PLQUIET to 1 - that will hide that pesky message. But how can we do the same in TrueView??

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: corgiriffik

Not an option in the free viewer.
Message 6 of 8
corgiriffik
in reply to: pendean

As a work around I did find that I can make a registry file to add PLQuiet - it will vary per TrueView version. This can then be called from an install batch file if one is used.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-140328221-716536946-747242864-21860\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R13\dwgviewr-E001:409\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\General]
"PLQuiet"=dword:00000001

Randy

Message 7 of 8
dcx5000
in reply to: corgiriffik

That worked, for now anyway.

Message 8 of 8
corgiriffik
in reply to: dcx5000

Great - that has been an issue for many years.................

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost